Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning and Happy Holidays, I havent been on here in quite some time. Our 2013 Soul has been a fantastic car.
We havent had any real problems what so ever. Just now hit 30,000 miles. Upon filling the washer tank I noticed it leaks alot at the neck/tank joint.

I'm guessing this is a slip in type joint. Looks like it would be simple to remove the neck and clean it up and silicone it.
Any one done this?
thanks for reading this

Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Had somewhat a similar problem on my 2013. In the end, replacing the entire reservoir was the solution; however, I did not pay for it since it came like that to me from the dealer. It has been a few years ago.

OR

Duct tape.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
Happy Holidays to you too DHDaniel.

Did the plastic on the tank actually crack? You might be able to do a SuplerGlue repair (you know, like when your skin cracks).

Glad to hear your 2013 Soul has been trouble free!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have noticed the same problem but only when overfilling the washer bottle. Most cars you can just pour away to the top, but the Soul uses some kind of extension to drop the actual tank down further - which is why it has a "dipstick" on the handle. Use the dipstick and no more leaks. BTW, I figured this out by accident when filling up my wife's Soul. Started getting full and then fluid started pouring all over the ground. If you look in the manual it doesn't mention anything about the "dipstick", it just says to check it and add if necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts