Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2013 Soul Exclaim, full package, leather seats, nav, etc., only 45K miles, never a days problem, and it's paid off. Just got my wife a new Rav4, and it's all tricked out, and I was thinking of getting a new car with all the modern thingys on it. But after looking around a bit at cars similar to the Soul--Toyota CHR, Honda CRV, a few others--they're expensive, not very good, and nothing special.

I think I'm going to keep my paid off Soul.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I've got a 2013 Soul Exclaim, full package, leather seats, nav, etc., only 45K miles, never a days problem, and it's paid off. Just got my wife a new Rav4, and it's all tricked out, and I was thinking of getting a new car with all the modern thingys on it. But after looking around a bit at cars similar to the Soul--Toyota CHR, Honda CRV, a few others--they're expensive, not very good, and nothing special.

45k miles? Just getting broke in. If it took you 8/9 years to get to 45k miles, you should probably die with this car :) . I've already told my wife that her Soul is her last new car, so she better enjoy driving it :p - 80k miles in 9 1/2 years. By the time she get up to replacement miles she probably won't have a license any more.

OK reading that I realize it sounds sexist as hell :ROFLMAO: but we actually do discuss big purchases together, just that I give her run of the house and she gives me run of the checkbook; we each take charge of what we're good at. When she tells me she wants something on the homestead a certain way I either get out the saw or call someone and likewise on the funds...

·
Registered
2012 Soul Plus. Automatic, 2.0 engine
440 Posts
45k miles? Just getting broke in. If it took you 8/9 years to get to 45k miles, you should probably die with this car :) . I've already told my wife that her Soul is her last new car, so she better enjoy driving it :p - 80k miles in 9 1/2 years. By the time she get up to replacement miles she probably won't have a license any more.

OK reading that I realize it sounds sexist as hell :ROFLMAO: but we actually do discuss big purchases together, just that I give her run of the house and she gives me run of the checkbook; we each take charge of what we're good at. When she tells me she wants something on the homestead a certain way I either get out the saw or call someone and likewise on the funds...
Our 2012 has about 82,000 0n it. Kia gave us a new transmission about 2 years ago and a new shift cable a little later. One cam se bad. That's it. Very happy with it although I am starting to see a little rust on it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
That's a lot to go wrong IMO.
But as long as those issues are behind the owner (plymouthcranbrook) and Kia payed for most of the repairs, all is the best in the best of possible worlds.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,949 Posts
But after looking around a bit at cars similar to the Soul--Toyota CHR, Honda CRV, a few others--they're expensive, not very good, and nothing special.

One of our wise forum members, vindex1963, has a favorite quote that applies here: "You can spend a lot more but do you really get a lot more"

·
Registered
709 Posts
One of our wise forum members, vindex1963, has a favorite quote that applies here: "You can spend a lot more but do you really get a lot more"
(y)

There is much economic wisdom in that quote.

Reactions: Mike 6250

·
Registered
2010 + | 2.0L A/T | Alien Green | Premium Sound
3 Posts
Nothing beats having a car that’s paid for. Take the money you’d be spending on car payments and save it every month, so when it comes time to replace the soul, you can pay cash. You’ll have a decent pile when the time comes if yours is only at 45k miles. Just keep up on the maintenance! I have a 2010 w/ 78k miles, never had a single issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Happy to post some pictures.

Tire Car Wheel Plant Vehicle .
Tire Car Wheel Plant Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

The car has an interesting story. I bought it used in 2016, 15,000 miles, $15,000. Test drove it and brought it home. A few days later, my son called me over and said, Dad, there's something written on your car. And there was. Seems the previous owner had put vinyl letters on the rear hatch door, waxed over them, and then removed them, leaving a small imprint, like braille. I felt them. I felt an E, then an A, and a T. EAT. EAT...MORE...
EAT MORE CHICKEN.

It was a Chik-fil-a delivery car for a franchise in Pasadena, Md., just eat of the dealer. Which is also why it had 6 entries in the Bluetooth. And a removed phone number on the side doors.

I called the dealer, and told them they sold me a commercial vehicle as a personal vehicle, which is illegal. I told them I would bring it back to them so they could buff off the lettering and give me a second key fob (they had only given me one), or I was calling the state government.

Since then, it drives great, no internal problems. I sheared off the right rear plastic door bumper in a tight parking lot, but got it reinstalled for $70. Just the usual tires, brakes and batteries. I hope it has a long life

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,949 Posts
EAT MORE CHICKEN.

It was a Chik-fil-a delivery car for a franchise in Pasadena, Md.,

I called the dealer, and told them they sold me a commercial vehicle as a personal vehicle, which is illegal. I told them I would bring it back to them so they could buff off the lettering and give me a second key fob (they had only given me one), or I was calling the state government.
Congratulations on giving that Dealer a good grilling. It sounds like they didn't want to run a-fowl of the government! 🐔

1 - 14 of 14 Posts