Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Kia Soul + and love it!
The only complaint I would have would be the small center console/not having armrests.
Is there any way to buy/install a bigger center console or armrests?
Please let me know!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
here's what we have for the driver's seat on Canadian models (since the 2012 model I think) with automatics - but nothing provided for the passenger!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My 2009 Suzuki SX4 had those narrow little arm rests, for both the driver and passenger.
I made a padded arm rest that just sat on top of those wimpy little rests.

That arm rest was/is Keystone shaped, wider at the front than at the back, so it just jammed in between the seats and worked great for both the driver and the passenger. Both seat-backs had to be set the same.

Then for the Kia Soul, with NO arm rests at all, I had to make a bracket, that would hold the arm rest.

It's upside down, sitting on my work table.

Once installed it looks like this:
'

The turned dowell sits in the little junk tray. The top is hinged and adjustable for comfort.
Just one screw at the bottom of the long board, holds the assembly to the back of the center console.
It fits snugly between the seats and side movement is negligible.
Cost? $00.00, all made from scrap materials.

Just a little DIY project for a sunny afternoon.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

Other points of interest, the Seat Belt Extender, to make buckling up a SNAP! :)
Steering wheel cover to prevent hands sweating on the plastic wheel, and of course,
the obligatory cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

Reactions: Terry27

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Gee, I'm not sure whether to say Grrrrrrrrowl! or Meow.

The seat cover, in my SX4 picture, was actually a leopard print "Snuggie"
Remember those? As seen on TV. For just $9.95 it was a pretty cheap seat cover.

It's still in use.....elsewhere. :)

It's fun, to jazz up a car a little, without spending lots of money.

I see cars just like mine, every day, with no tint, no stripes, stock grey wheel covers,
and they just look so Plain!

Then, I see the next one, with signs painted all over it. Can you say, "Circus Wagon" ?

But, back on topic, I saw the center arm rest offered by Kia and others and they are all,
too low, too far back and WAY too expensive.

Now I just need to make an arm rest for the passenger door, and get another seat belt
extender for the passenger seat. (always room for improvement)

Cheers mates!
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts