Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
The thing was built in South Korea. The tires were made in So. Korea. I'm guessing the tires are rated up to 80 mph. (New) Put 12,000 miles on them (who knows) Going fast is fun = With the right equipment............ just sayin
So the POS Goodyear eagle touring tires that came standard on my GT-Line Turbo have a speed index rating of v which is 149 an hour. But they're a touring tire, so they're not very sticky. They test out at about 0.85 g's grip.
On all the other Gen 3 Souls Kia is using the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 performance tire. It tests out of the respectable 0.91 g's grip. Also rated to speed index of v or 149 mph. Another big difference between the Goodyear and the Hankook is the Goodyears are only rated for about 20,000 mi the Hankook is rated for about 50,000 miles. So yeah, just saying...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nowadays as a real adult, I value my license more than testing top end and the court system and how high my insurance company can raise my insurance, or suspend, plus jail time. In Illinois, 30 over is mandatory court appearance while 40 over is at least and arrestable misdemeanor punishable up to 364 days in the county jail. However, back in the day did 126 in my 1991 1.8L Acura Integra that had high end HP. Then there was 136 on my 1995 Honda CB1000. With my 2000 Mustang GT, smoked the tires but kept the speed rational.

As for 8th gear in the Soul, it might not allow the engine to wind out all the way if the rpm drops too much from the peak of 6,200.
No 8th on the dual clutch 7 speed tranny in the Turbo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hamster over Harley, hilarious! :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
The thing was built in South Korea. The tires were made in So. Korea. I'm guessing the tires are rated up to 80 mph. (New) Put 12,000 miles on them (who knows) Going fast is fun = With the right equipment............ just sayin
The turbo has v rated tires, but how much sun have they absorbEd and rotted a little. In Florida there are 3 things on the roads that are criminal. Reckless driving, DUI, and something falling out of of off of your vehicl. There is a kid in Tampa, turned 18 and graduated high school, mom bought him a new mustang gt, he raced his friend on bays horse blvd. The speed limit is 35. He struck a woman and her stroller with child at 105, both dead. You can google him, Cameron Herrin, he has been on home gps rest. Till trial, he is looking at 20 years for each count and he never even had a parking ticket. Police got data of mustangs box. 105 when he hit the brakes. It is vehicular homicide. They also charged him with reckless driving. Since the victoms are dead, there is no need for proof. As for reckless driving, how hard is it going to be to find a jury who will say 105 in a 35 residential is NOT reckless. I like to learn from others mistakes. Feel sorry for all involved.😳😐

·
Registered
163 Posts
So the POS Goodyear eagle touring tires that came standard on my GT-Line Turbo have a speed index rating of v which is 149 an hour. But they're a touring tire, so they're not very sticky. They test out at about 0.85 g's grip.
On all the other Gen 3 Souls Kia is using the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 performance tire. It tests out of the respectable 0.91 g's grip. Also rated to speed index of v or 149 mph. Another big difference between the Goodyear and the Hankook is the Goodyears are only rated for about 20,000 mi the Hankook is rated for about 50,000 miles. So yeah, just saying...
Why do we have these Goodyear tires? I would much rather have the .91 grip of the other. And I have never had a Goodyear gator back tire that did not pick up a nail every couple months. The gatorbacks were std on the 1984 corvette, they are directional tires.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Why do we have these Goodyear tires? I would much rather have the .91 grip of the other. And I have never had a Goodyear gator back tire that did not pick up a nail every couple months. The gatorbacks were std on the 1984 corvette, they are directional tires.
I worked US Forest Service for 20+ years. All Govt' truck started with Goodyears. Without fail, we had blowouts or would just shred tires w/ in the first 12,000 miles. Down on my hands & knees in the gravel & dirt changing literally hundreds of these in the woods, I hate them. Sometime in the next few months I'll be replacing all mine so I'm not left by the roadside cursing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So what you driving Stanley?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nowadays as a real adult, I value my license more than testing top end and the court system and how high my insurance company can raise my insurance, or suspend, plus jail time. In Illinois, 30 over is mandatory court appearance while 40 over is at least and arrestable misdemeanor punishable up to 364 days in the county jail. However, back in the day did 126 in my 1991 1.8L Acura Integra that had high end HP. Then there was 136 on my 1995 Honda CB1000. With my 2000 Mustang GT, smoked the tires but kept the speed rational.

As for 8th gear in the Soul, it might not allow the engine to wind out all the way if the rpm drops too much from the peak of 6,200.
I've been called lots of things. Never a "real adult."
Thanks be to God.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You might outrun the police version of Harley-Davidson's FLHP Road King touring bike, which accoridng to MSP, "hit 60 mph in 4.41 seconds, made it to 100 mph in 10.75 seconds and hit a top speed of 131 mph".

However, the 2019 FXDR with the 114 cubic inch Milwaukee 8 (8 valves) is reported to do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, with a top end of 160 MPH.
I haven't clocked my acceleration yet - but 0-60 in 4.41 is faster that the Soul's tested 0-60 in 6.3.
I do have to giggle @ hamster beats harley... hilarious.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
;) All good - my sardonic sense of humor doesn't always translate in writing.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts