Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to replace the factory headunit in my 2011 base with and android double din DVD player. That way I can get everything its missing like bluetooth connection and gps. I dont have steering controls so that's not an issue.

My question is will I be required to wire the speakers directly to the new unit to bypass any factory amps or security? Or is it plug and play?

Reason I ask is I went thru the issue with a 2001 grand am gt I tried to replace with new headunit and with the anti theft and factory amp I couldn't unless I bypassed the amp and directly wired each speaker. It had monsoon system but soul has nothing. In sure there still an amp somewhere running it all.

Forgive me if this has been asked it's hard searching the site on this phone.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
I just replaced the head unit in my 2010 Exclaim, it was plug and play with all the correct components. You can research on Crutchfield.com to see what is needed for your car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased these and should be here be end of the week.

Head unit is Android 6.0 with a 6.2" touchscreen dvd player. I wanted Android because I've never had issues Android and felt the connect with my phone would be smoother then just bluetooth.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
Sweet! You'll fine Crutchfield's instructions very helpful and if you were to get stuck on something just give them a call and they will walk you through it. We're here to help also....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts