Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard this one? Yesterday the voice command on uvo started "listening" intermittently. This is on a soul 2012. It's like someone is pushing the voice command button randomly (and they aren't). Maybe a short in the button wire? Thought I'd check here first and skip a trip to the dealer. Any way to just disable uvo voice command features? I never use them or the voice button. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
902 Posts
Hey tj, welcome to the forum.
Hmm, well, someone/thing is listening to you.
I have no idea about this weirdness. It may be something, someone has experience with.
Stay tuned & search for similar problems.

Reactions: tjwebdude

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,988 Posts
Has anybody heard this one? Yesterday the voice command on uvo started "listening" intermittently. This is on a soul 2012. It's like someone is pushing the voice command button randomly (and they aren't). Maybe a short in the button wire? Thought I'd check here first and skip a trip to the dealer. Any way to just disable uvo voice command features? I never use them or the voice button. Thanks.
That's freaky tj! UVO was pretty new back then and I'm wondering if there is some type of mal-funk with an update. I've notice on some electronics I have that are a few years old. When an update comes thru, things start acting weird or become disabled that worked perfectly fine prior to the stupid update :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue! I can not find anything to fix it. Button is not stuck. It’s so often I can’t listen to any music. And now it’s in a different language…. Not sure why.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,988 Posts
I’m having the same issue! I can not find anything to fix it. Button is not stuck. It’s so often I can’t listen to any music. And now it’s in a different language…. Not sure why.
Sadly the OP was a one & done poster. Enough to complain but not enough to share with our forum a resolution, if any. 😢

1 - 8 of 8 Posts