Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Kia Soul is 2 years old and recently when I take off, my soul drags and takes a while to idle to a decent speed I might add that it always dragged going over incline and small hills but lately it happens when I take off. Someone said that it could be that I need new spark plugs but I don't know, does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hi Rose!

You didn't fill out your "Drives" in your control panel, so we have no idea what car you're driving, what engine, how many miles, etc.

I'd have NO idea how to respond to you without knowing ALL about your car. Eh?

Cheers!
:cool:

Reactions: conwelpic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, I edited my 'drives', I'm up to 21,400 miles, and I can't remember the engine size, hopefully the information that I provided will help.

thank you.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
never heard of a "Soul Jeep", is it manual or automatic? I wouldn't think you would need new spark plugs at that low of mileage, as they usually last 50-100k miles. "idle to a decent speed" - what exactly do you mean by that? What is your rpm idle speed? Maybe you have a vacuum leak or something similar, is all wiring and connections in place under the hood?

I would think taking it to a garage and putting on their computer will probably tell you your answer very quickly.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
At 12k+ miles, my little Gertrude takes off like a scalded cat when I put the gas pedal DOWN!

Anything else, I'd say, is completely unacceptable. I'd get that car to the dealer or a reputable repair garage as soon as possible.

Also, be aware of what engine is in your car. It's important, when asking for any kind of help.

Good Luck,
:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts