Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After just two days of ownership, and me not driving I am totally impressed with this cars refinement, much improved in the NVH over the GEN2. my wife hasn't driven in 3 years but was pressed into driving because of my accident. She just loves the car, I was a bit worried it would be a slug because of the smaller engine , but it seems plenty peppy to me. My wife thinks it is even more peppy. Can't wait to be driving for my own impressions.
One other surprise was the red stitching, I really like that, the regular EX models have the grey stitching.

Pat.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I too was unhappy with the displacement reduction until I drove it.
It does seem quicker than my 2012 2.0 and I must attribute it to the slick I.V.T. transmission.
Ride quality is definitely improved as well but that's an evolutionary thing fer sure.
Feels familiar yet new at the same time!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep even on the 18" wheels it is still much smoother than my 2016 SX LUX. A soon as I am able I will be installing the new 17" Enkies I have sitting in the basement, should improve the ride even more.

Pat.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
After just two days of ownership, and me not driving I am totally impressed with this cars refinement, much improved in the NVH over the GEN2. my wife hasn't driven in 3 years but was pressed into driving because of my accident. She just loves the car, I was a bit worried it would be a slug because of the smaller engine , but it seems plenty peppy to me. My wife thinks it is even more peppy. Can't wait to be driving for my own impressions.

Pat.
Pat, I have to ask, "smaller engine"? Doesn't your GT have the 2.0L engine? I was told that they only put the 1.6L engine in the Turbo model.

I have the 2.0L in my Soul LX, and it kicked me right up to 110mph on my trip home this evening. It's definitely "Peppy".

Take care, get well, and get back in the driver's seat soon. You'll like it!

God Bless,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
14,734 Posts
Pat, I have to ask, "smaller engine"? Doesn't your GT have the 2.0L engine? I was told that they only put the 1.6L engine in the Turbo model.

I have the 2.0L in my Soul LX:
For Pat, because his previous 2.0L in his 2016 model was 164 hp, so his 2020 is a 17 hp reduction - hence "smaller". :joyous:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Better watch out,or you may have to buy another if the wife becomes too fond of it LOL

But your right.the overall dynamics of this new generation are very evident.They really have made some nice improvements in the right places.

Look froward to seeing the new go-rounds mounted up!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For Pat, because his previous 2.0L in his 2016 model was 164 hp, so his 2020 is a 17 hp reduction - hence "smaller". :joyous:
Thanks Trevor for taking up that reply, typing one finger left handed is a chore, you hit lots of wrong keys:blue:

Pat.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Better watch out,or you may have to buy another if the wife becomes too fond of it LOL

But your right.the overall dynamics of this new generation are very evident.They really have made some nice improvements in the right places.

Look froward to seeing the new go-rounds mounted up!
Rita read the post, she says she is not the wife (women's Libber:biggrin-new:) She says she is willing to share but for a price:surprise:

Pat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts