Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone,

I was on the interstate going to work on 7/15 and suddenly my steering got sluggish and my tire pressure light can on. I pulled over and the valve stem was gone. I had to drive about a mile to get somewhere safe to put the spare on.

I took it to the dealer to have it looked at I was in a rush to get home. The dealer indicated that they will replace the valve/TMPS as a warranty item but I would have to pay for the tire. I was fine with that but when I got home an look at the paper work the dealer's notes said the tire failed due to corrosion on the valve stem. After read that I want to call the dealer to get them to pay for my tire.

What do you think??

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Those things are pretty sturdy! I've never seen one broken off, so I'd have to conclude that you brushed a curb or something that broke it.

Consider yourself very lucky if your dealer is willing to replace it under warranty, and all you have to pay for is the tire you drove on when it was flat. (never a good idea)

Good Luck!

:cool:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Since corrosion was a factor, it's entirely possible that it was centrifugal force that ultimately caused the failure when the corroded valve assembly finally became too weak to hold the tpms module to the inside of the rim. It would certainly be worth a shot to see if they would foot the tire bill since that is obviously the cause as determined by the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts