Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the search for it (several different ways) and was wondering what the UVO Voice Assist feature is on the Uvo system.

I was one of the first in my area to get the 2020 Soul EX (I was the only one to have the Neptune Blue color for at least 4 months) buying it in May of 2019. It has been a workhorse for me as I work for the Census and had to drive all over North Texas and Central Oklahoma. Now the UVO Subscription is coming to an end and am debating on the options. I use the system a lot, but not sure if I want the "Ultimate" package that is part of the trial. I use the remote options quite a bit, but I'm not sure what the UVO Voice Assist does. Is it the "Call JohnDoe" feature?

·
Registered
27 Posts
basically what title says. Like google assistant. you can say "kia start the car" "kia lock the door " etc

·
Registered
133 Posts
UVO seems like a combination of a virtual assistant, roadside assistance type concierge service, and remote lock/unlock, and remote start start/HVAC control. It doesn’t seem worth the +$200 price for the the UVO since most folk will only use the lock/unlock, and maybe remote start/HVAC if you live in a more extreme climate (snow or lots of over 100 degree days). I’d sign on for $60-100/year for the the lock/unlock and find your car feature, but its just not worth paying a higher premium for IMO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is a "Lite" version of UVO that's complimentary for 5 years. Per the website: "The Lite package allows customers with UVO link-equipped Kias to enjoy a select few UVO link features at no charge. Customers will automatically be placed into the Lite package only after the complimentary Ultimate package trial ends and if a paid subscription is not selected, or upon cancellation of UVO link subscription."

Includes:
-My Trips
-911 Connect
-Maintenance Alert
-Remote Charge
-And More (whatever that means)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts