Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2014 Soul + with Nav. When driving I'd like to not have to see the way too busy screen. But the only way I've figured out to get just the clock requires the system to be shut off. It even says that when going to >Settings>Screen Saver>Clock/Media/Picture.

Does anyone know if I can get the clock to show and still have the music playing?

If not, how do I ask KIA to send an update to the programming because it's asinine not to have this as an option.

Note: In my 2014 Forte (non-Nav) I can press one button and turn off the screen with the music staying on. No a clock does not appear but that's OK as there's a digital one on the dash. Not so with the Soul.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Have a 2014 Soul + with Nav. When driving I'd like to not have to see the way too busy screen. But the only way I've figured out to get just the clock requires the system to be shut off. It even says that when going to >Settings>Screen Saver>Clock/Media/Picture.
Does anyone know if I can get the clock to show and still have the music playing?
welcome, can't help you as I have the regular UVO system. Playing the music from what feature - radio, usb, aux, phone?

Please fill out your DRIVES details with what I've highlighted in bold, it will help us in answering future comments/questions and save you having to keep repeating it - thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Note: In my 2014 Forte (non-Nav) I can press one button and turn off the screen with the music staying on. No a clock does not appear but that's OK as there's a digital one on the dash. Not so with the Soul.
Can do this with the soul. If I remember right it's under setup (display off)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can do this with the soul. If I remember right it's under setup (display off)
Yes. You can turn the screen off using the settings menu - one button at the top of the screen. But...that doesn't show the clock. I want to have the clock displayed with the music playing but without the visual clutter of the UVO. In settings there's a menu for screen saver. I want it to act like a true screen saver - protects the screen from burn in while letting the system continue to function normally.

@conwelpic - it doesn't matter the source. As far as I can tell the screen saver only functions when the entire system is off.

Probably have to have Kia reprogram the system. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get them to acknowledge their short coming and fix it?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yes. You can turn the screen off using the settings menu - one button at the top of the screen. But...that doesn't show the clock. I want to have the clock displayed with the music playing but without the visual clutter of the UVO. In settings there's a menu for screen saver. I want it to act like a true screen saver - protects the screen from burn in while letting the system continue to function normally.

@conwelpic - it doesn't matter the source. As far as I can tell the screen saver only functions when the entire system is off.

Probably have to have Kia reprogram the system. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get them to acknowledge their short coming and fix it?
You're unlikely to get that change or any other suggestion implemented. We've been waiting almost a year just for the basic UVO stuff that was supposed to be there in the 2014s to begin with.

If you are really bothered by the clutter, the only other thing I can think of is to go to the Climate screen, which shows the fan speed etc. But it takes a few clicks (if I remember right). No simple clock.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts

I can't see KIA custom reprogramming the system just for you, if it isn't easily available. I'm not too bothered about the clock, as I generally wear a watch most of the time. Do you not want to see what's playing from your source?

Thanks for filling out the DRIVES details.:sneakiness:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I too think the screen saver works only with the radio off. I do put it on when I have some idiot right almost on top of my bumper at a stop light, my rear seats are folded down so info screen shows clearly and I have the hamsters in the driver's seat as my screen saver. Maybe I should get one with large text, BACK OFF :sneakiness:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts