Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried resetting and I have checked the fuse. It still doesn't work. This happened after my battery died and I have new battery in now. Can someone let me know what else might be the problem.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Long press the little button(15 seconds) below the setup button with a pen or a paper clip.

If that doesn't work. Remove, check and replace (if broken) the ACC fuse.

If that doesn't work, then you need a trip to the dealer for a diagnosis.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
557 Posts
Long press the little button(15 seconds) below the setup button with a pen or a paper clip.

If that doesn't work. Remove, check and replace (if broken) the ACC fuse.
View attachment 133278

If that doesn't work, then you need a trip to the dealer for a diagnosis.
You might check the condition of your grounding strap to frame. It has been known to cause electrical problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might check the condition of your grounding strap to frame. It has been known to cause electrical problems.
Where do I find the grounding strap frame. I've already checked the fuse and its fine and I pressed the reset button

·
Registered
557 Posts
Where do I find the grounding strap frame. I've already checked the fuse and its fine and I pressed the reset button
Engine compartment.
Ground strap is from battery negative pole, to a bolt down ground to the frame.
Look for the condition of the strap & frame ground.
Ground bolt can be removed & cleaned along with ground area of the frame.
Reattach clean ground bolt using dielectric compound for best contact.
New ground strap at auto supply store.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like this is going out of my comfort zone for me. If this is replaced then it will work? I have a friend that is good with cars

·
Registered
557 Posts
You could try an auto parts store. Tell the counter person your considering replacing your ground strap & bolt & ask to have it looked at. They will likely read your battery performance for further info, if requested. Then you can consider the need & cost of replacing a ground.
Which may not be the reason for your UVO screen failure.
Also if you checked the fuse by sight only, I would replace it with new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could try an auto parts store. Tell the counter person your considering replacing your ground strap & bolt & ask to have it looked at. They will likely read your battery performance for further info, if requested. Then you can consider the need & cost of replacing a ground.
Which may not be the reason for your UVO screen failure.
Also if you checked the fuse by sight only, I would replace it with new.
Ok thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kia Soul, 2014 and the screen is 5"
This same situation happened with my 2014 Soul+. I checked all relevant fuses and none were blown. A very kind service manager at a Cincinnati Kia dealership talked me through the solution. Turn off the engine. Pop the cover off the inside fuse box located left and below the steering wheel. (See pic). Push the large yellow toggle switch up to the OFF position. Leave if off for at least 30 minutes (I left mine off for 1 hour). Then push the yellow switch back down to the ON position. Replace cover and start the engine. It may take several seconds for the screen to light up but mine did. I needed to reset my clock and day/date but my radio presets were still working. Wish manual mentioned this.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
This same situation happened with my 2014 Soul+. I checked all relevant fuses and none were blown. A very kind service manager at a Cincinnati Kia dealership talked me through the solution. Turn off the engine. Pop the cover off the inside fuse box located left and below the steering wheel. (See pic). Push the large yellow toggle switch up to the OFF position. Leave if off for at least 30 minutes (I left mine off for 1 hour). Then push the yellow switch back down to the ON position. Replace cover and start the engine. It may take several seconds for the screen to light up but mine did. I needed to reset my clock and day/date but my radio presets were still working. Wish manual mentioned this.

John
Forgot pic, here it is

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts