Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my problem is a little one but it's driving me crazy and if anyone can make some suggestions I'd be forever grateful. I've had my Soul since November (2016 model, it was new when I got it) and my monthly diagnostic reports have always worked fine up until now. The check will go through just fine when I do it in the car, but even though my phone is connected by USB cord to the car and the UVO app is running, when I select "send report to MYUVO" I get an error message saying that a smartphone needs to be connected and I should connect my smartphone via USB and try again. Nothing is wrong with the USB as when I connect my phone to it via my USB cord my phone starts charging and a popup shows up on my nav screen that says "Samsung S6 Edge has been connected". I've even tried using a couple different cords to no avail. I also did a reset on the system via the little button next to the top right of the nav screen and that didn't help either. Any ideas?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Mine acts up occasionally also. I make sure the app on the phone is open and connected before running vehicle diagnostics and sending. If it fails, I'll do it again. Third time I usually send and go about my business(put it in drive and go) it usually takes then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Will it work with a bluetooth connection? That's the only way my iPhone app will connect with UVO. I've also found that the reports of my driving activity aren't always accurate (mostly due to the app being particular about what it tracks), so I've kind of given up on using the thing. Once in a while I'll run the diagnostic just for the pleasure of it telling me that it didn't find any problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't get anything to send from UVO via bluetooth even when it was working. It would always say I had to connect my usb cable to transfer the data (annoying when you want to send the parking location; why not just have it able to be sent by bluetooth when my phone is connected to the system?). I called the Kia customer care center yesterday and she went through some troubleshooting with me to no avail. We tried disconnecting the phone from the uvo system, deleting my car off my uvo account and re-adding it, deleting the UVO app and reinstalling; when that didn't work I even went a step farther and did a factory reset on my phone to see if some other app could be interfering. Nothing worked. Since it always used to work, I'm thinking it has to be something to do with the recent software update to my phone a couple weeks ago and it must have messed with UVO connectivity. This morning I messed around with it some more in my car and deleted my car from myuvo.com and then connected with a cable with no car listed. At that point when I went through the initial setup by selecting the parking minder button it said "your car is not registered on myuvo. please register your vehicle at myuvo.com and reconnect". So then I added my VIN onto myuvo.com and tried again and now it's saying the same thing as before; "a smartphone is required to send reports to myuvo. please connect a smartphone via usb cable". I don't use UVO that much for anything other than sending the monthly diagnostic reports, but I liked how the app would remind me when service was due and my driving score and everything, and now since it won't send anymore the app is stuck on the info from March and I've put another 2300 miles on my car since then. If anyone has any other suggestions to try I'll try anything at this point. The only thing I can think of now would be rooting my phone and reverting to the previous version of android that the uvo system actually worked with to see if that helps, but I rooted my s4 once when I had it and it's a pain so I didn't want to have to go through that again with my new-ish s6 just to get it to connect to my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts