Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new EX Soul Tuesday. I setup the UVO free one year trial yesterday I created a user account on the Kia site when I logged in there was a button to change the temp of the car. I set a temperature on the car after a warning screen I said OK the car started in the garage. I called KIA and had them disable the account.
If someone hacked my account they could start my car etc.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would think the chances of anyone hacking that account would be extremely small, really. I don't think I'd worry about it, personally. On the other hand, I can't think of a situation where I'd use that feature, either. Of course, since we have an LX, we'll never have to worry about that.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
That's how the app works , it is normal, at least that's how it works on my GT-Line.

Pat.

Reactions: y2krtaf

·
Registered
74 Posts
The uvo app for the gen 2 has nothing of the sort. I dont think gen 2 sould even have the hardware for that stuff

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just picked up my new EX Soul Tuesday. I setup the UVO free one year trial yesterday I created a user account on the Kia site when I logged in there was a button to change the temp of the car. I set a temperature on the car after a warning screen I said OK the car started in the garage. I called KIA and had them disable the account.
Why would you set the temperature on a car sitting in the garage?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The point that I am trying to make is that I do not want the car controlled from the internet. Which can be hacked.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
It can also be spoofed by strong RFI signals, like from the 1000W CB radio in the Semi going by.

I want my car to start in only one situation..... I'm in the driver's seat with the ignition key in my hand. Any other scenario is just not acceptable.
:cool:

·
Registered
672 Posts
It can also be spoofed by strong RFI signals, like from the 1000W CB radio in the Semi going by.

I want my car to start in only one situation..... I'm in the driver's seat with the ignition key in my hand. Any other scenario is just not acceptable.
:cool:
Agree, except I would include my wife.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The point that I am trying to make is that I do not want the car controlled from the internet. Which can be hacked.
You have that option, don't use the app. Without your credentials in the app, the car isn't going to start.

Reading is fundamental.
In order to get to the screen to adjust the temperature, you first have to click the power button under "REMOTE START", that pretty much says what is going to happen if you press the button.

For the rest of us living in the present, the app works fine. The car stays locked, the app has a gps tracker so even if someone somehow did manage to steal your car you could use the app to find out where it went. It's just sluggish when compared to a normal fob controlled remote start.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heck and this is one of the new features I wanted on my soul. Where I work I have to often park a long way off, when it's 100 out and 80% humidity or when it's in the teens and I've just walked a long way in those conditions having my car waiting, idling and at the perfect temp inside is -great-.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hopefully they get the kinks out. It's a neat feature but I find it sometimes takes 5 to 10 minutes of fumbling with the app to get it to work. Sometimes comes back with an error and you walk to the car and find it running. Other times it come back and tells you the doors are not locked and it can't start the car after waiting 2 minutes for it to communicate with the car. Why can't it automatically lock the doors when you tell it to start. Give me a button on the remote over this anyday

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heck and this is one of the new features I wanted on my soul. Where I work I have to often park a long way off, when it's 100 out and 80% humidity or when it's in the teens and I've just walked a long way in those conditions having my car waiting, idling and at the perfect temp inside is -great-.
I guess it would be OK with extra security and disable when parked in a garage. But i would not pay 22.50 a month after the 1 year trial.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had this feature on my 2014 Silverado with Onstar and never had anyone hack into my truck from the web. I actually love it since sometimes I am out of town and I randomly start my truck in the driveway while out to maybe have prying eyes believe I am still at home.
Another thing I want to know however is do they make a remote start fob for these cars with the remote start feature?
My truck I ordered the fob and added it to the computer and it works as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This app is awesome if you noticed it also has a tracker

1 - 20 of 41 Posts