Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

User Settings Mode?

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Andrew 
#1 ·
According to the manual, some (all?) Kia Souls have a "User Settings Mode" which can be accessed to change things like how many times the lane change indicator blinks, how long the headlights stay on after the car is turned off, auto door lock/unlock, whether or not the horn honks when locking the car, etc. The manual isn't very clear, but as near as I can figure out, this can only be accessed in Souls with a Type A LCD instrument cluster (like the Soul EV has). My question: is there no way for an owner to change these settings in a Soul equipped with the Type B style instrument cluster? (The triple dial "analog" instrument cluster).

I'd really like to change some of these things in my 2015 Base Soul (1.6L, automatic transmission, USA). If I don't have access to these functions, can they be changed at the dealership?

#2 ·
the horn won't honk when you lock the car as long as you don't push the lock button twice - first push locks it, second push activates the horn. Headlights normally turn off after about 30 seconds if you leave them on when you turn the engine off and get out of the vehicle.

The Supervision meter cluster is optional on the Exclaim model with The Whole Shabang Package. I don't think you can do what is offered but you could ask your dealer if its possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.