Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put 559 tracks on my USB stick and checked everyone to make sure they work. Yet the radio is telling me it only has 337 tracks available to play...... is my radio a liar or does it have a file number limitation?.

The memory stick is an 8GB one (which are known to cause issue occassionally on Soul Radio)....but its only half full with these tracks.:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Forgive me for being an idiot when it comes to modern technology. But you can just download music to a flash drive (memory stick) and plug it into our USB port on our dash, and the radio will play the music?

Gawd I'm starting to feel old. =/

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yes...... rip (convert) it to MP3 format so that the radio can understand it..... the radio will see the USB stick and just start playing the tunes. It just means you can get hours and hours of your favourite music on a tiny little USB stick - so you never have nothing to listen to..... as i said in my original post, i have put over 500 tracks on the stick and its only half full..... admittedly the radio is only seeing 337 of them...but even that amount is over 22 hours of sound!!!..lol

ps. I have 3 memory sticks...... one with the kids loud shouty sweary stuff on...... one with my 80s favourites on....... and one suitable for people that have no taste!!!....lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
HAHA

Much more handy than burning many CD's and having to keep switching them out. I will have to get myself a few of these sticks then, and start my own 337 track collection per stick, lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The songs that it wont play are probly in a different format, and one that the soul cant play.

Ive had the same issue and when I plugged it back into my computer I figured this out.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The songs that it wont play are probly in a different format, and one that the soul cant play.

Ive had the same issue and when I plugged it back into my computer I figured this out.
Yeah, i have had that issue before when i used mac ripped files and pc ripped files and checked that everything was the correct format this time. Has anybody out there using a memory stick, have the radio as showing more tracks than this?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm using an 8gb with no issues.. I'll have to check the track count next time I go out. It's at least 20 albums. Mostly the trance/dance/techno kind that have 20+ tracks in them.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Yes Blakkmantis, you'll find that the sound quality off a USB stick is way better than from CD, radio or Satellite...........especially if you have the enhanced audio system.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes Blakkmantis, you'll find that the sound quality off a USB stick is way better than from CD, radio or Satellite...........especially if you have the enhanced audio system.
I have to disagree and not just because I am being a jerk. I have the upgraded audio system with an added subwoofer, the MP3's on a USB stick do not produce the best sound quality in my vehicle, in order it would be CD (factory or burned), USB stick followed by satellite radio, I prefer the satellite radio over all other forms of music / talk in my car regardless. The sound quality variation between the three is not huge but noticeable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The songs MUST be in .MP3 format. If you have any other format than that, the Soul will not play those song files.

I downloaded some songs from iTunes and they were downloaded in .MPEG4/.MP4 format, which will not play in the Soul.

If you download any album/song from iTunes, you will have to convert them into .MP3s.

I feel like I keep repeating myself...

Anyway, I have over 700 files in my 8GB USB stick and my 2011 Soul reads it correctly. Just make sure the songs are in .MP3 format. :)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The songs MUST be in .MP3 format. If you have any other format than that, the Soul will not play those song files.

I downloaded some songs from iTunes and they were downloaded in .MPEG4/.MP4 format, which will not play in the Soul.

If you download any album/song from iTunes, you will have to convert them into .MP3s.

I feel like I keep repeating myself...

Anyway, I have over 700 files in my 8GB USB stick and my 2011 Soul reads it correctly. Just make sure the songs are in .MP3 format. :)
If thats a patronising tone you are using - i suggest you lose it. If you read the posts, you would have read that the files were in MP3 and were checked as being MP3 due to previous issues with Mac and PC files being mixed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nope, no patronizing tone. I'm in no way trying to poke at anyone's technological-blindness. Just making sure that anyone else who might have this problem that they check to make sure the format is correct. :)

No harm to you Tempest. :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just put 559 tracks on my USB stick and checked everyone to make sure they work. Yet the radio is telling me it only has 337 tracks available to play...... is my radio a liar or does it have a file number limitation?.

The memory stick is an 8GB one (which are known to cause issue occassionally on Soul Radio)....but its only half full with these tracks.:confused:
I have 459 song tracks on my 4 GB stick using only 1.4 GB.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are any in folders? More then 3 deep? I've done folders 3 deep without problem, but none deeper.

Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts