Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My usb port has reliably played music from my flash drive for 7 years (2014 Kia Soul). Then my friend plugs her phone into it (make model unknown) to play her tunes. Drop her off,plug in my flash drive and nothing. Not even a "reading USB" notice. Just no reaction from the dash at all. Tried again another day worked fine. THird day same nothing reaction as the first day. The problem is intermittent bordering on usually never playing from the flash drive. TEsted the flash drive in other devices and it works fine. Haven't altered the flash drive contents in any way (adding or removing data). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Try a different flash drive in your Kia. I've had these things work in one device and not another. If it's not that, then find your friend and beat her ass or make her buy you a new car :p

·
Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
579 Posts
I don't have the UVO info so it may or may not say. Devices used to say do not connect or unplug while powered on. My radio says do not. If the UVO and her phone are both hot swappable it wouldn't matter. If either isn't then it may have corrupted something. If it was merely the playlist file then the factory reset should cure it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts