Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so disappointed in trying to find a way that doesn't break the bank to put rails and a ski rack on my US soul. I live in Washington so I called Canada thinking I would make a run for the border and they informed me that the Canadian rails will not work. I spoke with Rack Attack in Portland Oregon and they say $440.00 just for the rails with no ski racks. I really want to take my soul skiing this winter as I traded my ski-mobile in for my soul. Any cheaper advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
BRenda

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Soul does not have the rails that run the length of the roof? I totally understand there are several cross bar options, however I"m trying to find a way to put the rails on my Soul without breaking the bank. I called CAnada and they said there rails ( they would have to order them) would not fit on our Souls here in the US. Any advice would be great. I need the rails before I can install cross bars?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
My Soul does not have the rails that run the length of the roof? I totally understand there are several cross bar options, however I"m trying to find a way to put the rails on my Soul without breaking the bank. I called CAnada and they said there rails ( they would have to order them) would not fit on our Souls here in the US. Any advice would be great. I need the rails before I can install cross bars?
look at the first and second link.... then the last one... "vendor"

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see that link and after checking out the site they are very reasonably priced. Who would I contact to install something like this? A body shop maybe? Thanks again for the links - it is much appreciated!
Brenda

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tampa,FL

Looking around, I think the only alteration I want for my Soul is the roof rack. I am checking out the websites posted here. Question; Any idea on how much will it run to install it? I would like to have an idea on how much I will be spending all together.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is such a great question. AFter checking out the web site for rails and crossbars I came across a Thule ski/snowboard rack that attaches to a hitch, well I added a hitch to my Soul for a thule bike rack. I guess until Soul works out the details on rails in the US, I'm going with the hitch ski rack and save myself some money and the worry of cutting into the roof of my Soul.

·
Registered
39 Posts
help getting the system to italy

hi hodad66,
can you please tell me which is the lenght of the perrycraft bars you mounted?
I live in europe (italy) and it seems we don't have any chance to buy this system here locally and also from usa there are some problems (basically none ships outside usa), can any european fellow suggest how to get a yakima or perrycraft system?
thanks a lot
marco

1 - 20 of 21 Posts