Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** URGENT *** Please help -> Will these rims fit? -> WINTER

Hi All..

I have found a lead to a new set of rims and want to just ensure that they will fit well.
I was going to go on my lunch today...Hence the URGENT email...

Any/all support is greatly appreciated..

17" MSR 068 wheels
Size: 17x7
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Offset: 35mm

I am pretty sure they will work, just wanted to confirm the Offset...
Thank you
Frank

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Offset is below 40+...you can get spacers...or just run then as is because they are winter only...but I'd look for spacers.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Are there any safefty issues if i run no spacers?

Thanks again.
Frank
It depends on what you call a safety issue and who you ask.

They will add a strain on the wheel bearings because they will apply the load at a slightly different angle in comparison to the OEM +54mm Offset.
They will also cause the vehicle to track slightly differently because the distance between the wheels is different.

I would avoid anything +38mm or less without spacers.
It doesn't seam like a lot, only a few millimeters, but the car manufactures have reasons.

·
Registered
842 Posts
you shouldnt use spacers on those wheels as the offset is already in the 30s and anymore you'll be sticking out in the front.
spacers never made my car track differently, i used them in my VW for a long time, big ones for the rear too, and like its been said above, large spacers can shorten the life of the wheel bearings, but thats a price you pay to have a flush and perfect stance

·
Registered
728 Posts
you shouldnt use spacers on those wheels as the offset is already in the 30s and anymore you'll be sticking out in the front.
spacers never made my car track differently, i used them in my VW for a long time, big ones for the rear too, and like its been said above, large spacers can shorten the life of the wheel bearings, but thats a price you pay to have a flush and perfect stance
You're right regarding the use of spacer. I often get mixed up with which way a wheel's mounting face moves or needs to move when using spacers.

However, any time there is a change in tire size (width and/or sidewall) and/or wheel off set the track (tramlining) of the car will be affected. If the difference can be measure then the tracking of the car has changed... period. Whether or not the driver has the experience and ability to detect the difference is a seperate issue. Changing how the car tracks can affect how stabel a car is at higher speeds and how it behaves in corners and curves. With the electronics (TC, ESC, ABS) in today's cars it is even more important to stay within the oem guidlines.
TireRack - Tramlining
Wikipedia -Tramlining

1 - 7 of 7 Posts