Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just bought a 2015 Soul+ Red Zone edition. So far, so good. Love the Red Zone trim, but I do wish that it came with the turn-signal mirrors. Looking around, I found this on eBay:

Genuine Side Mirror Cover Painted LED Repeater Light for Kia 14 15 All New Soul | eBay

OEM Mirror Cover with LED repeater. Looks like the replacement mirror cover and LED repeater for the turn-signal mirrors that are available on the exclaim. So, my question is: If I buy these, are they just plug and play? Does the wiring exist for me to just plug in the repeater, or would I be better off replacing the entire mirror assembly? Anybody played with this before? Seems like a pretty easy upgrade, especially for $68.

Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just bought these so we are about to find out.

Even if the wiring is not there you'll just have to fish the included wire down to the engine bay and splice into the turn signal wire.

One question for those that have these mirrors: do the mirror lights come on/stay on with the parking lights or just blink in sync with the turn signals?

I want them on with the parking lights AND blink with the turn signals (i'm like that).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FL Soul - if you think about it, take some pictures during the install process. I'll be anxious to see the result!

- B

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also bought the same mirror repeater lights from ebay. They did not come painted as advertised even though I supplied the color code as requested. They also did not come with the wiring connector so I am searching for those as well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm gonna be ordering mine on ebay and I can't wait to do the tear down.
You might want to poke around GEN 2 Forum, I believe Fl Soul and another member attempted this modification only to be met with disappointment.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The wiring loom will be there with the plug whether it will withdraw with mirror on releasing from door or whether you have to go back to next harness plug I do not know.
My Soul gen 1 is a base model with a few frills including LED heated mirror indicators power adjust and fold. I do not imagine they changed whole loom for a few add ons The back up wiring to mirror for camera another standard for 2012- souls that do not have more than standard radio units.
You will need the wiring to go from Led to plug connections.no sin of in add.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts