Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'd like to replace some of the exterior lightning to LEDs, primarily starting with the parking lights (used as Daytime Running Lights) and main head lamps. I've read a lot of problems about these conversions, mainly in the form of hyper flashing (noted, probably won't replace blinkers anyway), or sometimes it affecting the electrical system in weird ways. Apparently most problems can be fixed with a load resistor, though I have no idea how I'd install one to the parking lights/blinkers as the socket these fit in is tiny, as shown here:

I guess what I'm trying to say, is as the title says. Are there any other problems/dangers I should know of before going ahead with this? I think it might be relatively safe to try the Sylvania 2357 (https://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/turn-signal-light-mini-bulb/sylvania-led-mini-bulb-2357sylled/13921_0_1556_2805) as parking lights, but I'd still like to hear your opinion on this guys.

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my headlights on my 2007 with after market LEDs I found on Amazon. The site asked for my year, make and model then identified the lights that would fit. They’re still shining after 2 years, Hallelujah!!! The OEM lights burned out 2 to 3 times per year and were a pain to replace. You have to take off the bumper and getting the bulb halogen bulb out of the lens and reinstalled was a daunting task. The dealer wanted over $200 to replace those halogens that kept burning out! So I YouTubed how to do it myself. The LEDs were less than $30 for the bulbs but soooo worth it

·
Registered
17 Posts
As the title says, I'd like to replace some of the exterior lightning to LEDs, primarily starting with the parking lights (used as Daytime Running Lights) and main head lamps. I've read a lot of problems about these conversions, mainly in the form of hyper flashing (noted, probably won't replace blinkers anyway), or sometimes it affecting the electrical system in weird ways. Apparently most problems can be fixed with a load resistor, though I have no idea how I'd install one to the parking lights/blinkers as the socket these fit in is tiny, as shown here:

I guess what I'm trying to say, is as the title says. Are there any other problems/dangers I should know of before going ahead with this? I think it might be relatively safe to try the Sylvania 2357 (Sylvania LED Mini Bulb 2357SYLLED) as parking lights, but I'd still like to hear your opinion on this guys.

Thank you for your time!

I guess what I'm trying to say, is as the title says. Are there any other problems/dangers I should know of before going ahead with this? I think it might be relatively safe to try the Sylvania 2357 (Sylvania LED Mini Bulb 2357SYLLED) as parking lights, but I'd still like to hear your opinion on this guys.

Thank you for your time!
I've had led head lights, fog lights, license plate lights, reverse lights, and interior lights for 2 years now no issues. As far as the turn signals go if you want them they make them that don't hyper flash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts