Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to know if it is possible to upgrade a OEM Radio to a used UVO infotainment system from another soul.

Basically I want to know the following:

1) If It can fit and be install on a Soul that did not came with the infotainment package.

2) If the connections and plugs would be an issue since they are different radios. What cables would I need?

3) What feautures would not work if it can be installed on the new Kia Soul.

4) Do I need to replace the whole front plate including AC Control Buttons.

5) Has anyone done this with an 2014+ Kia Soul?

I hope you all could help me learn more about this and hopefully figure out if it would be a good choice to buy the Infotainment Car Radio.

Reasons why I want to buy the OEM Infotainment Radio:

1) Keep everything OEM to maintain aesthetics.
2) Be able to upgrade to CarPlay.
3) Looks nicer than the regular OEM radio.

I know I can get all that if I buy an after market radio but I want to first consider if the UVO infotainment radio would be worth it. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Hundred of threads on this, use the search button. It will cost you more than your car and will have less features than a $300 radio.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
This is definitely not a good idea, the swap is practically impossible due to missing harness, like the above poster stated this has covered extensively before.

Pat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take a look at the Kia Soul compatible radio system from belsee. It is designed to fit model years 2013-2019. The only functionality you would lose is SiriusXM. It is bulit on Android 9.0 PIE and has CarPlay compatibility. So if SiriusXM is a must, you can use the SiriusXM on your phone to maintain the feature. The system price is $430 and $40 additional for Carplay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts