Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct tag, but I was wondering if anyone can help me.

In 2016, a friend of mine reached out to me and told me that Spec D Tuning was looking for a Kia Soul to use for testing their new Aftermarket Headlamps. Of course I agreed, and ended up getting free Headlamps from them.

For the longest time, I dealt with the bad light output from these Headlamps, but now I am at the end of the line and would like to replace them, or rather... I would like to replace the projectors. I love the look of the actual headlamps, but i need better out put.

So my question is, does anyone own these headlamps as well? Did you replace the projectors, if so what size projectors did you get. I have been seeing mini H1 Projectors, then regular ones. I don't want to buy the incorrect projectors. I want them to fit.

I have attached the light out put that I have. (Btw this picture was taken when one of my HID bulbs blew out, I have since replaced the bad bulb.) Either way you can see no matter HID or Halogen Bulb, both give out a bad output, and on top of that, you are able to see parts of the HID Bulb! I don't want that!

If anyone could please help me out, that would be fantastic!
hid-xenon-2010-11-kia-soul-led-drl-strip-projector-headlights-black-1.jpg
IMG_6727.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, those are bad. I have the sppc versions and don’t have that problem. The only real way to tell what size it is, is going to be taking it apart and measuring. Or you could email spec-d and ask?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah! Okay, it looks like I might have to take the headlamps apart. I am just afraid to do that right now, because I have never done anything like that, and don't want to mess up the projectors. I also did e-mail Spec D Tuning, and sent them the attached image, but so far haven't received a reply.

I had planned on purchasing the new projectors from DDM Tuning, but the one that the guy showed me seemed too big in my opinion. To me it looks like the projectors in the car right now are Mini H1 Projectors. When I asked about those, the guy told me that those are for fog lights. Is that true? I just do not want to waste money on something that one even fit.

I don't know if this means anything but on the projectors, I saw the embossed code "R2-H1-01" Does that mean anything to anyone?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct tag, but I was wondering if anyone can help me.

In 2016, a friend of mine reached out to me and told me that Spec D Tuning was looking for a Kia Soul to use for testing their new Aftermarket Headlamps. Of course I agreed, and ended up getting free Headlamps from them.

For the longest time, I dealt with the bad light output from these Headlamps, but now I am at the end of the line and would like to replace them, or rather... I would like to replace the projectors. I love the look of the actual headlamps, but i need better out put.

So my question is, does anyone own these headlamps as well? Did you replace the projectors, if so what size projectors did you get. I have been seeing mini H1 Projectors, then regular ones. I don't want to buy the incorrect projectors. I want them to fit.

I have attached the light out put that I have. (Btw this picture was taken when one of my HID bulbs blew out, I have since replaced the bad bulb.) Either way you can see no matter HID or Halogen Bulb, both give out a bad output, and on top of that, you are able to see parts of the HID Bulb! I don't want that!

If anyone could please help me out, that would be fantastic!
View attachment 117689
View attachment 117691
WOW... and i have been thinking a lot of buying those headlights, cause i starting using H4 leds in my standard headlight, but the light goes up to much cause of the natural H4 beam pattern.
And i tought those headlights would have a good focused and spreaded light and not that terrible light.

Have you tried leds? Am using Novsight Leds and they're really awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts