Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I went back to the dealership to have the tires carefully checked and road force balanced. They found ALL 4 TIRES have tread shift! One is so bad, you can see it wobble all day long on the spinner! Goodyear tire place kept telling me I had a bent wheel! No bent wheel, just bad very bad tires! I have appt tomorrow with Manager at a different tire shop, that will assess the tires based on what dealership found, and warranty out defective tires. I will NOT be getting Goodyear tires, ever again!

Goodyear Comfortred tires, wont stay balanced! Were fine about the first 5,000 miles. Now I have to keep getting them rebalanced and vibration lessons only for a fraction and then vibration again! Nothing else wrong with vehicle and has been very maintained! I had them road forced and the tires are at (2) 8lb, (1) 10lb and (1) 3lb.....vibration is milder, but still there!

I hate these tires!! Been balanced 5 times in about 7 weeks!

What is the smoothest tire out there for kia soul 2011? I have been thinking about the Yokohama

So frustrated. Any kia soul experts out here that can give me their expertise?

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
318 Posts
Good year, that's why I wouldn't have a set if they gave em to me. Bridgestone is a great tire.
I thought they were now the same company.

I have Michelins on mine, and enjoyed Continentals on everything for the10 years or so prior to buying the Soul. I'm afraid to say I wouldn't have a Firestone, Bridgestone or GoodYear on any car. But BFG's I used to like.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I thought they were now the same company.

I have Michelins on mine, and enjoyed Continentals on everything for the10 years or so prior to buying the Soul. I'm afraid to say I wouldn't have a Firestone, Bridgestone or GoodYear on any car. But BFG's I used to like.
No, that’s Bridgestone/Firestone

In my opinion, they’re not much better. But every Goodyear I had in the past was absolute garbage. I won’t touch them anymore.

I recently bought a set of General AltiMAX RT43 because of all the positive reviews I read and so far so good. Both of my Kia’s have them now. Quiet, smooth, hopefully they hold up well.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,460 Posts
Goodyear Comfortred tires, wont stay balanced! Were fine about the first 5,000 miles. Now I have to keep getting them rebalanced and vibration lessons only for a fraction and then vibration again! Nothing else wrong with vehicle and has been very maintained! I had them road forced and the tires are at (2) 8lb, (1) 10lb and (1) 3lb.....vibration is milder, but still there!

What is the smoothest tire out there for kia soul 2011? I have been thinking about the Yokohama

They weren't siped by chance at purchase?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Walmart sells Goodyear tires cheaper than other brands. That should tell you something. I bought a mustang one time with Goodyears on it. Had to rebalance them every couple weeks. Luckily I worked in a garage, didn't cost anything.

·
Registered
345 Posts

My recommendation is for you to go to www.tirerack.com and select the category of tire you'd like and then read the reviews. I did notice for what you have on it now, others complained about the balancing problem.

·
Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
669 Posts
I've been driving Uniroyal on all my vehicles for over 15 years and been satisfied. I have the TigerPaw GTZ A/S-2 91W on my molten '11. Balanced them at install and been smooth for 2 years about 20k miles.
Had a 00 Sportage, drove off two sets TigerPaw AWP ii, plus some of a third before I sold it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after you balanced them again they were fine and how long before they go out of balance again?
actually, they never really stay balanced. It appears they are :balanced on the machine, but when I get in the vehicle to drive, you can feel the vibration and hopping coming from the tires. They were found to all be belt shifted by dealership!

·
Registered
69 Posts
So, I went back to the dealership to have the tires carefully checked and road force balanced. They found ALL 4 TIRES have tread shift! One is so bad, you can see it wobble all day long on the spinner! Goodyear tire place kept telling me I had a bent wheel! No bent wheel, just bad very bad tires! I have appt tomorrow with Manager at a different tire shop, that will assess the tires based on what dealership found, and warranty out defective tires. I will NOT be getting Goodyear tires, ever again!

Mine came with a set of Nexen and that's what I've put on it ever since...never a problem, run out true and get good tread wear...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, that’s Bridgestone/Firestone

In my opinion, they’re not much better. But every Goodyear I had in the past was absolute garbage. I won’t touch them anymore.

I recently bought a set of General AltiMAX RT43 because of all the positive reviews I read and so far so good. Both of my Kia’s have them now. Quiet, smooth, hopefully they hold up well.
I really want to try theese tires you mentioned .... the General Altimax RT43 but my 2011 kia soul, was the early version that did not have alot of insulation...so you hear everything!! I really want a smoother quieter ride and not listen to constant road noise. I see you have a 2011 soul also... do these tires really cut down on noise??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I really want to try theese tires you mentioned .... the General Altimax RT43 but my 2011 kia soul, was the early version that did not have alot of insulation...so you hear everything!! I really want a smoother quieter ride and not listen to constant road noise. I see you have a 2011 soul also... do these tires really cut down on noise??
You’re right. There is much more road noise in the 2011 than in my 2019. So far I’m very happy with these tires and they are much quieter than the ones they replaced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts