Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search here but didn't find much on upcoming colors,, forgive me if I missed the post/s.

Watching the recent Kia soul television add I noticed a purple sort of color?
https://youtu.be/qQQkElKi0NQ

Anyone know if that is available or something coming for 2017?
REALLY want one!!

I bought a new titanium 2015 base last August and just love it, so now we want to get a second one but really that color..

Sara :)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
That wasn't a purple "sort" of color...that was purple all right.
I think the "plum crazy purple" from mopar would be killer!
Not sure the rest of the world would agree though.
After owning it, this "purple" appeals to me as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sara, Welcome.
I am going to say that the purple in that promo/vid/commercial is a custom color.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You mean the DJ special Soul, sorry but that's a custom job for the add, so no purple for 2017.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would they put that color in the advertisement without offering it?

I have several friends & a few family members loving it after seeing the advertisement. Heck,, if they offered it even on an order by order basis,, I would still jump on it.
We bought our base as a get your feet wet thing. We had 4 PT Cruisers and were converting to the Souls!!

My next one will be the top model, but I want the PURPLE!! :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Why would they put that color in the advertisement without offering it?

I have several friends & a few family members loving it after seeing the advertisement. Heck,, if they offered it even on an order by order basis,, I would still jump on it.
We bought our base as a get your feet wet thing. We had 4 PT Cruisers and were converting to the Souls!!

My next one will be the top model, but I want the PURPLE!! :)
Well, there is always the custom repaint route. I think the hopes of Kia "mass producing" that color will leave you SOL....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean the DJ special Soul, sorry but that's a custom job for the add, so no purple for 2017.

I googled DJ special,,, Yep,, after watching the video & looking at the pictures,, you are spot on.
Oh well,,, guess it would take more than a handful of people requesting it to ever get them on-board.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Sara Said: "Why would they put that color in the advertisement without offering it?
"

For the same reason dealerships picture a plus or an exclaim in an ad, when they are offering a base at a "sale" price!
To wet your appetite.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
it does state in the ad at the bottom of the picture of that model (1:56) "Purple DJ Soul not available for sale". That vehicle has shown up in other promotions.

You want purple take it to a body shop and get it painted. :sneakiness:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Under 30 Market?
Interesting.

Maybe I missed something but around here as I see much older people using & loving the Soul.
Me,, I bought to replace my PT Cruisers.
Since I am in the 50-65 demographic I find it pretty interesting that the Soul is so popular in my group.

As I mentioned above,, we had 4 PT cruisers in our household. 2 more are going to be replaced with Souls.

I can live with the current colors,, but honestly I don't want the paint or wrap stuff.
Color wont be a deal breaker for me,, just a wish.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Under 30 Market?
Interesting.

Maybe I missed something but around here as I see much older people using & loving the Soul.
Me,, I bought to replace my PT Cruisers.
Since I am in the 50-65 demographic I find it pretty interesting that the Soul is so popular in my group.

As I mentioned above,, we had 4 PT cruisers in our household. 2 more are going to be replaced with Souls.

I can live with the current colors,, but honestly I don't want the paint or wrap stuff.
Color wont be a deal breaker for me,, just a wish.
The under 30 crowd was a real target for the Soul initially. Hence the flashing speaker colors, the hamsters, custom Souls at SEMA, using young pro golfer Michelle Wei for a spokesperson, etc. It just never really took off with that crowd the way they hoped. I guess it would be interesting to do a focus group with the under 30s to find out why? Probably with the guys, not enough power and maybe the mediocre gas milage had something to do with it? I dunno? But I bet Kia was super happy and somewhat surprised when my crowd stepped up. :)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I read somewhere that 3 new colors have been "confirmed"
Burnt orange (vitamic c?), brown (canyon?), mysterious blue.
We shall see...

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
Most car colors are some form of bland and re-salable. That is reality and the market. A purple car would be harder on the used market.

I recall seeing my first production purple car. It may have been a PT Cruiser (our '01 s still going strong with about 70,000 on it).
A group of us at a local Roadrunners Club was having breakfast.
Someone said, "Oh look! A purple car!"
Everyone looked of course. One woman said, "I bet a person who drives a purple car is interesting." I'm not sure about that B following A, but there ARE purple production cars out there. I've seen purple Challengers.

And Soul's Alien color was not a color I found attractive. I prefer the moderated new green they have. I like the bright blue, and I liked the forest green they used for MY 2014 only, I think.

We recently parked next to a red Soul. I told my wife, I like that red. "Crayola Colors," she said. The yellow and red are Crayola colors. I'd like to see more variety, Soul got to where it is because of being bold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts