Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded the wheels on my 16+ to 17x7.5 the othher day.

After I did that I had to switch to Sport mode because Normal felt like driving in Comfort.

Anyone else had to do this?

It handles corners and lane changes like a dream but it's really loose.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,476 Posts
Do you have any of the steering (pinion gear/hub nut) recalls pending on your vehicle Ian?

The hub nut fix made quite a difference on mine. It took the "Sloppy" out of "Comfort" mode (my favorite). It's perfect now.

Another thought, would it be worth experimenting a bit with your tire inflation PSI? Just for "research" purposes maybe try deflating to the lower range & see if it calms the steering down.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any of the steering (pinion gear/hub nut) recalls pending on your vehicle Ian?

The hub nut fix made quite a difference on mine. It took the "Sloppy" out of "Comfort" mode (my favorite). It's perfect now.

Another thought, would it be worth experimenting a bit with your tire inflation PSI? Just for "research" purposes maybe try deflating to the lower range & see if it calms the steering down.
I have taken it into the dealership for service since the recalls have been issued and nothing was said about needing recall work done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Upgraded my tires to 225/55R17 and the problem was resolved. That's the last time I buy tires on eBay though. Sure I got a good deal but they didn't come with a road hazard warranty so I screwed myself because I had to replace them well before the end of their lifetime.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can plug nail holes. You don't have to replace the tires.
One tire had a nail in the area that couldn't be repaired due to its proximity to the sidewall and the other two tires had more than one nail and had both been patched two times already meaning that they had to be replaced because you can't patch a tire safely more than three times

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sux.
One time I went to the recycling yard and my old man told me that he didn't like going there because you get nails in your tires and sure enough I got one. Not worth the few dollars for the scrap. Also not worth dad being right.
Yeah, my dad told me not to buy the tires off eBay because I wouldn't have a road hazard warranty and I did it anyway. He was also my first call yesterday when I needed to get an advance from my inheritance money to get tires WITH a road hazard warranty. Was it worth it in the short term? Yes, I got good use out of those tires. In the long run, was it worth it? No, it ended up costing me more money because I didn't listen to his experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts