Underglow on Soul?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to sound like an idiot but was wondering what people think of underglow on the Souls? Im not too sure if its illegal in Washington or any other place, but I have seen pictures with 1 Soul Alien I think with the green underglow? :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have never really been fond of them. No reason as to why I don't like them. I can see why some people do though as they can make a car look pretty damn cool!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think they're cool... Is there any way anywhere I can buy an underglow that just plugs onto the cigarette lighter thingy?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have em, I enjoy them when I go to car shows/meets but other than that I never use them. They look silly while driving (atleast on my soul because it is a red/black theme and all the legal colors look rediculous) but other than that it was a sound investment in my eyes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If I was to do it, it would be white LEDs. I think it would look good actually and improve on-the-road visiblity.
Colorful neons are a "nay" for me.
Kris

·
Registered
278 Posts
as for legality i know in my state (look up your local laws) they dont allow certain colors of lights like red in front, white in back, blue, anywhere.. as its a emergency color..

However amber is a allowed everywhere anytime..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as for legality i know in my state (look up your local laws) they dont allow certain colors of lights like red in front, white in back, blue, anywhere.. as its a emergency color..

Im just thinking of getting the white though i believe its legal

·
Registered
274 Posts

Can't you get a ticket for impersonating a police officer?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think it's cool, but I will never do it as I have no experience doing anything other than washing my car. Besides I live in Illinois and I think almost anything you do to your car lighting to tinting windows is illegal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I say YAY! i have a 4U Retro in shadow and bought an interior/exterior led kit in red:) Ive installed the interior already n luv it but it takes away from the speakers a little bit. Plan on installing the underbody when i get a chance!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Besides I live in Illinois and I think almost anything you do to your car lighting to tinting windows is illegal.
Extremely true. Illinois is awful on their laws for one of everything. Having lived there, I suggest not bothering with excess lightning, tinting, or anything else - you will get a ticket if you're anywhere within 50 miles of Chicago.

After 30 years, I learned my lesson... then I moved.

·
Registered
845 Posts
^^^ not to mention no CCW or even a taser but i can assure you my wife had the hottest pepper spray i could get in her purse she said she felt naked without her .380

I have em, I enjoy them when I go to car shows/meets but other than that I never use them. They look silly while driving (atleast on my soul because it is a red/black theme and all the legal colors look rediculous) but other than that it was a sound investment in my eyes.

i used to live in tampa and as long as the light source is not visible you can have any color on your vehicle as long asa its not flashing so if its just shining on the ground not flashing and not zip tied to the door handles and bumpers you shouldn't have a problem

i also suggest stopping and asking a cop they will give you a pretty good idea if they'll mess with you or not

·
Registered
137 Posts
Love the way good underglow looks, but it can be a pain. Living in the northern midwest, my underglow on my last car got cracked by ice and stopped working. Granted, the Soul sits higher than a toyota celica, but i tend to stay away from underbody lights purely due to upkeep.

·
Registered
845 Posts
i dont know why but i think it would look cool with neons in the wheel wells
somebody has a pair of souls on here who did just that i wasn't impressed by them but i'm still gonna get a set even if i don't like them i can use the leds for other lighting projects

1 - 20 of 22 Posts