Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to get the opinion of fellow member on this.

I have had my FJ sprayed at Krown for the past three years, when I was
ordering my Soul the dealer tried to sell me a diamond kote box that pulses
a current through the car to reduce rusting.
Does any one have experience with this box? or any other suggestion's.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Stay away from these electronic devices most if not all are purely a scam and unproven...Stick with Krown...tried and true product....and its endorsed by both the APA and CAA....My only suggestion is find a good shop because not all shops apply the product thoroughly or as they are trained to do so....I know of two fantastic shops in Mississauga if you are interested....both are original Krown applicators...with years of experience...and its not a sideline for them....its their bread and butter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.
I'll take the names of the two shops if you have
them on hand. As the current operator in town is the new
owner of the shop, I think. And I'm only 45min from
Missisauga.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've had work done at both shops....not sure if the first location is owned by the same man....as I've been away from Toronto for 5 years... I suggest you call first, his name is Rod Gibson.....the second shop is easier to get to and the same crew doing the work as long as I remember...from my experience both do excellent work...
Krown Malton / Mississauga 7195 Torbram Rd. Unit#5 Mississauga, ON L4T 1G7 905-673-2525
Krown Rust Control 1019 Lakeshore Road East Mississauga / Port Credit, ON L5E 1L6 (905) 278-2408

·
Registered
211 Posts
Krown Rust Control

I was wondering if anyone besides me uses Krown?

When I bought my last car I was told to go to Krown and was nothing but impressed with them. When I sold the car it was 11 years old and didn't have a speck of rust on it or under the hood.

We're taking our new '11 Soul to Krown to be sprayed in a couple of weeks. I highly recommend it to anyone lives in cold weather conditions.

Here's their web site if anyone would like more info about them.

KROWN RUST CONTROL

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I went with the Dealer option. I got the paint protection, the rust proofing and the material protector. They added it to my deal when I purchased the car.
It isn't an electronic box either but they actually sprayed my Soul underneath and inside the body for rust proofing, then they sprayed the paint with protector (I can see it when I open the hood and the sides have this film on them, and they sprayed my seats and floors with a material protector.
I have to take it in today after work to have them check it as I need to bring it in before my first year is over then I have to bring it in every two years thereafter and it is guaranteed for the life of my Soul.
I guess it is very similar to what Krown does.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've done the $ calcutation for the Kia rustproofing and found it much cheaper to do the annual rustproofing on my own (thru companies like Antirouille Métropolitain in Québec).

It's expensive at the dealer...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I went with the Dealer option. I got the paint protection, the rust proofing and the material protector. They added it to my deal when I purchased the car.
It isn't an electronic box either but they actually sprayed my Soul underneath and inside the body for rust proofing, then they sprayed the paint with protector (I can see it when I open the hood and the sides have this film on them, and they sprayed my seats and floors with a material protector.
I have to take it in today after work to have them check it as I need to bring it in before my first year is over then I have to bring it in every two years thereafter and it is guaranteed for the life of my Soul.
I guess it is very similar to what Krown does.
I think we were only ever offered the electronic box, which my husband says don't work. He used to install them for customers all the time and thought they were a complete waste of money.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I'll find out the name of the company that did mine. or the type of coating. My Soul should be in the shop at 4:00 this afternoon if they aren't too busy. I didn't make an appointment.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll find out the name of the company that did mine. or the type of coating. My Soul should be in the shop at 4:00 this afternoon if they aren't too busy. I didn't make an appointment.
I'd be interested to know, but I don't think I'd go anywhere but Krown now, since we've seen such positive results from using it.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
the uk ones come already rustproofed direct from Kia with a warranty that has to be inspected every year. It a 10 year warranty if i remember right.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Ok, the stuff they use is SYM-TECH Automotive Protection. Sym-Tech > Home
I have a Lifetime Guarantee.
They also offer Electronic Corrosion Control Module, BUT, I told them I didn't want that.
In my package, I have:
Traditional Rust Protection, Paint Protection, Upholstery Protection, Surface Rust Protection, and Rip, Tear & Burn Protection.
http://www.sym-tech.ca/traditional-rust-protection.php

1 - 13 of 13 Posts