Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new car carrier pulled up to a dealer and I took some photos.
Soul&Moped 027.jpg
Fresh off the boat.
Soul&Moped 031.jpg
Looking forward, under SOUL.
Soul&Moped 032.jpg
Clean with no dirt. See the undercoating?
Soul&Moped 034.jpg
Gas tank is well shielded.
Soul&Moped 035.jpg
I am close to a deal on a SOUL + with ECO Package.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...Thumbs?

Sorry for the thumb sized photos. I thought I would get full size photos.
What am I doing wrong here? I'm using drop box

Rear wheel assembly:
Soul&Moped 036.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
It's just the forums coding......

You get this using

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
seeing you start this thread on the underside, I'll add mine from Canadian models, but not as sparkly clean as yours :sneakiness: Also didn't have the photographic advantage you had, had to get down on my hands and knees!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
We were just talking about this same subject on Facebook the last couple of days. Here are my under-body splash guard photos:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I dont know why I find this so fascinating but I do!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Sorry for the thumb sized photos. I thought I would get full size photos.
What am I doing wrong here? I'm using drop box

Rear wheel assembly:
View attachment 44593
I like the thumbnails. Easier to see all the pics at a glance. I can click on the ones I like to get full size image. Thank you for the great under side pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you buy your Soul+ yet?

If so are you going to get ramps so you can pressure wash the bottom often :)

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep it clean.....

Sean..... I wash often, but not down there.

I may close on a deal Friday. ECO Package SOUL Plus in white.

I expected to be doing all the oil changing, however, the dealer says I get free lifetime oil changes.
Sooner or later I will need to learn how to remove the splash guard to access the oil filter and plug.
Photo of an ECO Package 2014 wheel (16") and tire:
Soul&Moped 002.jpg

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Sean..... I wash often, but not down there.

I may close on a deal Friday. ECO Package SOUL Plus in white.

I expected to be doing all the oil changing, however, the dealer says I get free lifetime oil changes.
Sooner or later I will need to learn how to remove the splash guard to access the oil filter and plug.
Photo of an ECO Package 2014 wheel (16") and tire:
View attachment 44801

Hey Hawkia, I noticed on the first pic marc posted on the previous page it looks like there's an access in the underside cover called "oil filter cap." I'm wondering if you could change the oil yourself without taking that whole cover off?

I only have 1700 miles on mine, so I haven't looked into that yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Hey Hawkia, I noticed on the first pic marc posted on the previous page it looks like there's an access in the underside cover called "oil filter cap." I'm wondering if you could change the oil yourself without taking that whole cover off?

I only have 1700 miles on mine, so I haven't looked into that yet.
I did my first oil change at 1150 miles (five months), and you can do it without removing the cover (at least at the local garage they can).

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
That's good news Shaggy, thanks. Being able to acces the oil pan & filter without removing the under shield is brilliant.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You won't need to remove the splash guard to access the oil filter HAWKia. There is a trap door to allow easy access to the oil filter without removing anything.

I will need to learn how to remove the splash guard to access the oil filter and plug.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Charcoal filter

Hey SOUL Master......

Box.jpg

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/attachments/soul-general-discussion/44593d1406787635-under-soul-photos-soul-moped-036.jpg[img]

That black plastic box houses the charcoal filter for the gas evaporation recovery system.

That is another filter that needs to stay dry for the life of the car.
It has a hose to the very top of the gas tank neck.
If a tank is overfilled, or topped off, gas may run down this hose and ruin your expensive charcoal filter.
So, never overfill your tank, let it click off, and add no more.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Splash guard...

Very cool, a hatch door for the oil filter. If the dealer wants me to wait 3000 or 5000 to get one of their free lifetime oil changes, than I might change it myself at 1222 miles. I will be very careful not to spill any oil onto the top side of the splash guard. I use a plastic bag to collect oil around the filter as I unscrew it.
But the dealer mechanics expect that no one will ever see any spilled mess on the top side of the splash guard. I may want to remove that splash guard once or twice in it's life. Any special tools required? Usually, body fasteners are used to secure the splash guard, but some companies, like HONDA have a key tool they use to drop the splash guards.

Anyway, I am very close to a great deal on a White Hot Box Car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts