Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its Winter here in Maryland. I hate it when my Red Soul (New-bought in August 2017) gets dirty and white with all the salt and chemicals from the road. I try to wash it as often as I can (Usually if the temp is in the 40's Im ok)! I was looking on the Internet and found this neat attachment for a garden hose that sprays the underside of your car. This is useful for me because I can now spray off the salt and chemicals that get splashed onto the underside of my Soul. It was in the high 50's - low 60's here in Maryland today! The warm temperatures gave me a chance to test out my new sprayer attachment. I really like it! I have well water so my water pressure is not the greatest. Even with the lower water pressure, I found the sprayer attachment to be a useful tool. I also purchased the Salt Remover accessory which attaches between the end of the garden hose and the sprayer. The Salt Remover is a cleaner that is supposed to help wash away the salt and chemicals that get splashed onto the underside of the car. I bought the model that is on little wheels to make it easy to move around under the car while I'm using it. I like that this sprayer will work with a garden hose because I'd be a little nervous getting an under carriage sprayer that uses a power washer. It comes in two pieces so storing it between uses will not take up much space at all. I thought this thing was so neat, I thought I'd share my discovery with everyone, in case you find yourselves in the same position (wanting to clean the underside of your car during the Winter months). The sprayer attachment is called the Underwasher. I found this accessory at (theunderwasher.com). I ordered it last week and it was delivered a day or two ago, so they send stuff out quickly. Hopefully you will find this information helpful..Im really happy I have now found something that can help me keep the underside of my car clean, while I'm keeping the top side and interior clean! I think this was worth the money and I feel that it will help protect and prolong the life of my Kia Soul (which I hope to keep on the road for ever and ever!)

Here is the link:

The Underwasher :: Hose accessory that lets you clean under your car, RV, boat or ATV!

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
Link?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Good idea but I have something similar but its just a wand extension (about 18") with adjustable spray head (that I got from Canadian Tire) that does an effective job of rinsing off the salt on the bottom of my vehicle during the winter months.
I use this along with one of those 50' collapsible garden hoses (the ones that expand when you put water in it) which is handy as its very light and takes up very little room when you are finished and therefore I can put it all in a bucket and take it in the house, otherwise it would freeze. I've been using it for a few winters now and does an effective job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats right!

I moved from Maryland to FL. I lived in the Tampa/St Petersburg area for 6 years (late 80's - early 90's). I really missed the change of seasons and the winter months and weather. Im back in Maryland now, I enjoy the arrival of Fall & Winter every year along with the cold temperatures and snow! This sprayer would also help people living in FL and other warm weather climates top help clean off the salt air and build up that happens over time when you live near the ocean or bay. I remember the build up of oxidation on my car

Have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
Thaxx a bunch, MW Fan! :racing2:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Here in FL, it's not Road Salt buildup, it's ALGAE! The cure for Algae is "BLEECH".

A liberal spray of that, keeps the rodents out of the engine bay too! (No Charge for Helpful Hints):biggrin:

Happy New Year!

FL Hamster :cool:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I moved from Maryland to FL. I lived in the Tampa/St Petersburg area for 6 years (late 80's - early 90's). I really missed the change of seasons and the winter months and weather. Im back in Maryland now, I enjoy the arrival of Fall & Winter every year along with the cold temperatures and snow! This sprayer would also help people living in FL and other warm weather climates top help clean off the salt air and build up that happens over time when you live near the ocean or bay. I remember the build up of oxidation on my car

Have a great day!
Snowed here today, what a beauty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here in FL, it's not Road Salt buildup, it's ALGAE! The cure for Algae is "BLEECH".

A liberal spray of that, keeps the rodents out of the engine bay too! (No Charge for Helpful Hints):biggrin:

Happy New Year!

FL Hamster :cool:
Bleach attacks a number of the materials used in a car. In reading the manual for my brand new 2018 Soul the other day, I found that it somewhere actually cautioned against using any bleach-containing cleaners.

Jim G

·
Registered
994 Posts
Anyone used one of these? I'm planning to use it this spring.

:laughonfloor
For my parent's lawn, yes. I rarely wash my vehicles anymore, but try to run them through a truly "touchless" car wash with underbody spray a few times per year. The last flagship not-touchless car wash I went through tore up my passenger side door, so never again.

Greg

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
When things go terribly wrong at the car wash:

Reactions: XxHaimBondxX

·
Registered
73 Posts
The touchless washes don't really clean the paint. You can prove this my running a white cotton cloth over the just washed car. It will come off dirty. Even if the car wash uses harsh chemicals (which most do) that are bad for the finish. There is NO substitute for actually using a cloth or brush. I hand wash my cars myself, and use a spray nozzle to do the chassis each time.

Jim G

1 - 16 of 16 Posts