Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks: I have identical twin 4-year daughters and a 9-year old son. Generally, we roll in our Honda Minivan, so the Kia will not be the family daily driver. However, we definitely need the occasional use of the Soul for family duty. The girls are around 35 pounds each, the boy is nearly 100. We currently have large car seats that don't really work well with the 3 kids. Simple boosters (no backs) work, but the girls are a bit small to go with these alone. Anyone know of any narrow car seats, maybe harness style boosters, we could use for those occasional trips? I saw an Immo Go folding booster on the internet, but cannot find them readily for sale (i.e., not on Amazon).

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love it! He would probably like that solution! He is taller and heavier than my female Chinese post-doc in my research group. Pretty funny, technically he could sit in the front, but she should be in the back in the booster.... She is around 27 years old...

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
am I missing something, why does a 100 lb person need a child seat?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
am I missing something, why does a 100 lb person need a child seat?
Sorry for confusion. He does not need a car seat! The identical twin 4-year old girls DO. My issue is two car seats + the 100 pound boy in the back. With two of our current seats (massive Britax), there is no room for the 9-year old. That said, depending on height, a 100 pound person could need a booster, but that is not our issue here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This car seat was recommended by a site devoted to raising twins...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...05MQR794&linkCode=as2&tag=dadsguidetotwins-20

It is available from Amazon, too.
Thanks, definitely that is the ultimate! The price is pretty ultimate too. My girls are approaching 40 pounds, so I decided to get two "regular" backed boosters without the harnesses. Again, we only use the Soul on rare occasions for transporting them, so it would be a tough pill to swallow for $500+ for two seats.... Thanks though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts