Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a firmware update that might address either of the two following issues?

1) The iPod control software always seems to reset itself if I use the phone. I prefer to listen to a playlist on random. But every time I get a phone call or switch the stereo off, the RDM becomes unset and songs play in order. It's very annoying.

2) The "Transfer Complete" voice announcement. Is there any way to turn that voice announcement off? I don't need this announced to me -- a message on the display is fine, thank you very much -- and the real pain is that for some reason it always seems to wait until some important point in a news story or the punchline of a joke on the morning radio show to interrupt.

Thanks,

--Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
1. it does that on CD's and USB drives also not just iPod.

2. You can turn the volume down but that turns the calls down also. Other than that if you want bluetooth your stuck with it.

3. Both 1 and 2 could have been easily found by using the search button on this forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. it does that on CD's and USB drives also not just iPod.
I think I've only played one CD in my car, and it was straight through. I have other issues with the iPod control, actually, but failing to maintain the random function setting was at the top of the list.
2. You can turn the volume down but that turns the calls down also. Other than that if you want bluetooth your stuck with it.
It's more the interruption than anything else. It really is annoying.
3. Both 1 and 2 could have been easily found by using the search button on this forum.
Appy-polly-loggies. Will attempt to be a better forumite in the future.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i did a surch on what u were asking and got no where! by pure luck i found you post and i had the same questions....radom play and that stupid voice!

guess we are stuck with both then........oh well.....

another thing i find anoiing is the fact that when i use blue tooth and then turn of the car it takes awile before the phone takes over the conversation. so i always have to let people know that they have to hang on for a second after i turn off my car.........anything about that on here ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did a surch on what u were asking and got no where! by pure luck i found you post and i had the same questions....radom play and that stupid voice!

guess we are stuck with both then........oh well.....

another thing i find anoiing is the fact that when i use blue tooth and then turn of the car it takes awile before the phone takes over the conversation. so i always have to let people know that they have to hang on for a second after i turn off my car.........anything about that on here ?
I typically just sit in my car until the conversation is over. Yeah, stupid, I know. I think it's possible (at least I'm pretty sure it is on my phone) to transfer audio from the bluetooth device back to the phone. I used to do this when I used a bluetooth headset. Then you can turn the bluetooth device (in this instance, the car) off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first understand what is an ipod....well ipod is a brand of portable media players designed and marketed by apple and it was launched on oct 23,2001..
. . . yes, it's been around long enough for companies to figure out how to work with it. And the fact that Kia sells an interface cable specifically for that media player, along with special software in the stereo, says that the damn things should work better together.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My iPod cable constantly slips out of the part where it plugs into the iPod whenever I go
over a bump or something, and I have to pull over to even fix it. So now it's tightened with a rubber band. I don't know if it's the cable that's loose or the iPod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts