Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum SoulMates2,
Nice set of Souls.
Is there competitive driving going on? If so who's winning?

·
Registered
2x 2020 GT-Line Turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum SoulMates2,
Nice set of Souls.
Is there competitive driving going on? If so who's winning?
Thanks! She drives like a grandma and is quick to admit it 🤣. Sunroof and Harman Kardon desired, so she's in the turbo model too 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2x 2020 GT-Line Turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. The white is kind of stealth. The red is Look at Me! :D

That's why my Soul is white, but the Ducati is red. ;)
It's a Soul. No one cares to look at it, even in red! Though, I figured y'all might get a laugh from the "Soulmates" label in this thread.

Would like to see pics of that Ducati though. Just realized it's been nearly 10 years since I sold my R1.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Would like to see pics of that Ducati though.
I love the thing. A 2014 I picked up about 2.5 years ago with 2400ish miles. Now past 16,000.
It's a 1200 and Ducati brochure HP is around 136 and torque around 86 Ft Lbs iirc.
Weighs ~ 460 Lbs gassed up. So, it really goes. And not just in a straight line, it is a good dance partner.
/hijack. :D

IMG_1586.JPG

·
Registered
2x 2020 GT-Line Turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks nice. I've always been curious, how do you Ducati guys deal with the buffeting?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Same as any naked bike. You live with it. The riding position has me leaning forward a little, so the wind helps hold me up.
It only becomes too intense when you get up around 130 MPH. So, it could be a limiting factor at a track day.
To me it is less tiring then a sport bike monkey humping football tuck. :)

The torque is what rocks though. I won't go that fast on public roads. But, acceleration good. :D
Left a late model Corvette in the dust, in a straight line. In the corners they have way more rubber on the road, and I am not willing to push it too hard in the turns. So they get back close until the road goes straight, then they shrink in the mirrors. After a few of those I found a turnout and let him go, did not really want to play that.

·
Registered
2x 2020 GT-Line Turbo
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it’s really hard to beat a crotch rocket without an extremely expensive car, either via MSRP or in extreme performance parts. Not trying to associate you with a certain crowd (crotch rocket), but it’s hard to define racing motorcycles in any other way. They’re incredible.

The Soul Turbo is definitely quick and fun to drive. Nimble. Of course, I would always welcome more power from Kia, but it’s a lot of value at this price point. Premium yields a noticeable bump in power as well and gas is cheap these days. I believe Motor Trend rated the 2020 turbo 0-60 at 6.5s, but I don’t remember which octane they used. Take one for a spin one day and see what you think. Still not enough to give the adrenaline rush of a sport bike or roller coaster, but still enjoyable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts