Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

First of all, I am new on this forum, as I am also quite new-ish owner of Kia Soul 1.6 Diesel (2010) - from Slovenia, Europe. So - hello everyone again!

I've tried to Google it out but with no luck ... so I'll try here. I've noticed today that LED for right turn signal on instrument cluster illuminates poorly. And by poorly I mean it's hardly visible ... I've checked if bulbs outside are still cooperating and they do, as they should. I suppose it could be that instrument cluster LED is going to die quite soon and that would probably cost me new instrument panel since I believe these are soldered on the board and could not be replaced.

Did anyone have similar issue? Or, any clue on what should I check before rushing to the dealership?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You can pull the cluster out and check all the contacts. I am not sure that LEDs actually dim before they go bad or just go out. There are lots of places that repair clusters and modules, if it bothers you to the point of going that far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@bwdz75 I think you might be right regarding the dimming of LEDs - what's funny is that yesterday, it worked like it should. I am confused now. Is it possible, that there could be just something going on with voltage? I don't have anything modified - external bulbs are standard.

@Hammerhead I believe they are - only Engine Oil and Engine Malfunction lights are (replaceable) standard bulbs since they get triggered before the electric circuit is fully up and running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts