Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So installed led turn signal bulbs, but I have gotten a case of the hyper flash going on. I know you can wire in resistors, but I really don't want to do that and add clutter to the engine bay. Does anyone here know where the flash relay is located so that I can swap out for the EP34 that will delete my hyper flash?

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
665 Posts
I can't find a diagram, but in most cars the flasher is under the dash. I'd set the flashers going, and stick your head under and figure out where the clicking comes from, and that should be it.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find a diagram, but in most cars the flasher is under the dash. I'd set the flashers going, and stick your head under and figure out where the clicking comes from, and that should be it.
Good idea. Now I guess I need to know if anyone has experience with removing the dash on a gen 2 so I can get to it? Haha

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just removed the instrument cluster on my 2016 Exclaim with supervision cluster- you carefully pry off the fascia in front of the cluster - pry off the top of the strg. col. cover & take out the 2 screws holding the cluster. I was unable to locate a flasher on mine. Still trying to find out if it has one.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just removed the instrument cluster on my 2016 Exclaim with supervision cluster- you carefully pry off the fascia in front of the cluster - pry off the top of the strg. col. cover & take out the 2 screws holding the cluster. I was unable to locate a flasher on mine. Still trying to find out if it has one.
I did the same thing (I have a 2014 Exclaim with Supervision cluster as well). There was a little speaker on back of the cluster that generates the turn signal sound. From what I gather and researched, the turn signal is built into the BCM. I looked in the service manual and there's no mention of a relay for the turn signal/flasher.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Soul + Thin Red Line Firefighter’s Edition
12 Posts
Hey everyone. So installed led turn signal bulbs, but I have gotten a case of the hyper flash going on. I know you can wire in resistors, but I really don't want to do that and add clutter to the engine bay. Does anyone here know where the flash relay is located so that I can swap out for the EP34 that will delete my hyper flash?
The 2017 doesn’t have a flash relay in the dash. I asked this same thing a couple of months ago and got that answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts