Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 4 years ago , this site was introduced to the " TUON " badge , which was coming on certain special editions of Korean spec Souls . Tuon was touted as Kia's customization brand , much like Toyotas " TRD " .

Not much has been seen from this in the USA , except for the badges .... Which I have lovingly displayed on my 10 , 12 and 14:tongue-new: . Now apparently Kia has introduced a site to buy Tuon accessories http://tuonmall.com/shop/main/index.php?pc
Only downside is , it's in Korean .... Would love to see this crossover to North America .

Quite a few of the trim pieces inside and out on the U.S spec Red Zone are considered to be Tuon .

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's really awesome! If you open it through google chrome it should translate the site for you. The ray is like the mini version of the soul! Is it weird that I just want a key fob cover for my basic key? Lol nothing after market works because of the swing out key.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'd guess that there just is not enough domestic demand for Kia to market their "performance"
brand in the U.S.As mentioned,many companies offer this.Nismo from Nissan is another example.
Its common for the companies that offer a performance brand to contract out the part and slap
the logo on it.I really like the side skirts shown in the TUON listing.Another factor,I still see the Soul
as a bargain priced vehicle.Its positioned at the lower end of the market.
This pricing has been extremely resourceful.
The average U.S. Soul customer is just not gonna plunk down say $500 for a set of side skirts.
Many would not have the experience to install them.
Seem would be better to include these goodies on a limited edition model like the Red Rock and
others rather than offer the parts aftermarket.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The Ray looks like a Cube without the wraparound window...pretty nerdy looking even with the cat decal...but functional with no slope to the rear window. I hope Kia keeps the Soul roof line and 3rd trianglar window with the slant. I wouldn't mind the cat...but could not read SK figures...

1395794123001_m.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I. So. LOVE. THE CAT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
The Ray looks like a Cube without the wraparound window...pretty nerdy looking even with the cat decal...but functional with no slope to the rear window. I hope Kia keeps the Soul roof line and 3rd trianglar window with the slant. I wouldn't mind the cat...but could not read SK figures...

View attachment 40978
Tastes are different I guess. I think this thing is ugly as heck!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Tastes are different I guess. I think this thing is ugly as heck!
The cat? Nah, I like it.
Now the the cubed car is a deferent story, yes is pretty dorky...but since I said it looked like the Cube didn't want to say how ugly uncase there might be some Cube owners here...but then again I am sure there are more people who think the Soul is ugly as heck...we all know they have no taste...

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
780 Posts
There is a new post over at Soul Hamsters where RedMan has found some TUON parts from a korean supplier priced really well for SH members. An example is Red Zone grill for $139 shipped!

·
Registered
23 Posts

View attachment 40978

Looks like a squished Soul or a Smart-Soul :) Cute tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts