Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up if you have this issue, Kia hasn't gone forward with it, they will fix it upon customer complaint only.
I didn't find a post about this TSB yet.

Here is where I found it.
Kia Global Information System (KGIS)

Group: Transmission
Model: 2010-11MY Soul (AM) w/2.0L
Number: 033
Date: October 2010

Subject:
SOUL TCM UPGRADE – TO IMPROVE HESITATION AND
SHIFT DELAY (SA056); COMBINED TSB/SERVICE ACTION

This bulletin provides the procedure to upgrade the Transmission Control Module (TCM) on
some 2010~2011MY Soul (AM) 2.0L vehicles produced prior to August 31, 2010 which may
experience hesitation and shift delay. To improve this condition follow the procedure outlined
in this TSB.

For vehicles not on the affected VIN list, but with a customer concern; perform the procedure
outlined in this bulletin and submit a warranty claim per “customer concern” (Standard TSB)
claim information on pg. 5.

A Service Action is a repair program without customer notification that is performed
during the warranty period. Any dealer request to perform this repair outside the
warranty period will require DPSM approval.
Repair status for a VIN is provided on WebDCS (Service>Warranty Coverage>
Warranty Coverage Inquiry>Campaign Information). Not Completed Recall/Service
Action reports are available on WebDCS (Consumer Affairs>Not Completed Recall
Recall VIN>Select Report).
The issue number is SA056.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Whew. This is an old one, and actually discussed extensively. But thanks for the heads up. BTW it has nothing to do with the 2012 models.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I experienced the hesitation and rough running a couple days ago. Today I went to the dealer (Brooklyn Park Imports) with the TSB 033 info and they flashed my computer without any problems. From driving the car home on the exact same road that it was having issues with the hesitation on, I could not duplicate the issue. I also noticed that the torque converter unlocks for a moment then re-locks moments later driving the car at 35 mph under light load that caused the issues before the TSB was performed. On the way to the dealer before the update I was able to duplicate the hesitation issue but it was not as severe as it was the other day it happened.

I am very happy now :) Thanks to this forum for having TSB 033 posted so I knew what the issue was. Problem solved thumb.gif

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good day !!! Maybe this post is already closed but I have to ask. My name is dimas and I own a 2012 base soul with the 1.6 engine, can this tsb will be applicable to my car, because I'm having the same issues on mine.
Thanks
dimasp28

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good day !!! Maybe this post is already closed but I have to ask. My name is dimas and I own a 2012 base soul with the 1.6 engine, can this tsb will be applicable to my car, because I'm having the same issues on mine.
Thanks
dimasp28
I don't know about the 1.6l but bring your car to a dealer and ask them about it. My dealer said based on my VIN number that my car was not part of the TSB but they drove it and felt the hesitation and flashed it anyhow. It fixed my car and it has been 100% perfect ever since :)

Mike

·
Registered
994 Posts
Anyone know if there is an update for the 2014 2.0L automatic? We're witnessing more hesitation and power drop-off when automatic shifts from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th.

Will mention to dealer when visiting for the steering recall.

Thanks!
Greg

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,167 Posts
Thanks
dimasp28
it would only apply to vehicles listed in the TSB info above and with a 2.0L engine, which does not apply to yours, but you could check with your dealer to see if there is one that applies to your problem.
We have a dedicated TSB thread for any TSB's we come across which is kept up to date where possible, but that's not to say everything is on there.
http://www.kiasoulforums.com/10-soul-problems/21193-tsb-technical-service-bulletin.html

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,167 Posts
Anyone know if there is an update for the 2014 2.0L automatic? We're witnessing more hesitation and power drop-off when automatic shifts from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th.

Will mention to dealer when visiting for the steering recall.

Thanks!
Greg
its best to keep all these questions on this dedicated thread so everything is in one place and much easier for everyone to get the answers they need http://www.kiasoulforums.com/10-soul-problems/21193-tsb-technical-service-bulletin.html
I'll check to see what there is as present.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts