Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Trying to get back into the Soul game!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ngrome 
#1 ·
Hi gang,

Several months ago my wife's 2013 Soul got totaled (my avatar pic). Since we've already owned a 1st generation Soul and can't affort a 3rd gen at this time, I'm looking at a black 2nd gen 2015 Soul with about 83,000 miles and the dealership is asking $7800 for it. It has all the bells and whistles such as a backup camera, Bluetooth, illuminated rearview mirror, etc., like our 2013 had. So is this a decent deal? Anything I should look out for as I try to delve back into a Soul, but 2015 this time?

Any feedback is appreciated, as it's down to this Soul, a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, and Hyundai Tucson. Thanks!

#2 ·
Man I'd love it if you could find a way to get a full oil analysis test done. It would be great to know if there are any trace metals in the oil.

For sure pull the dipstick out and shine a bright light to see any obvious "shinies" on it.

#4 ·
Maintenance, mostly. (And a few forum members who are compulsive.) Have an independent mechanic look at it (as you would with any of the other used choices). It's worth the $50 or so. Gen2 Souls have a lot of life beyond 83K if they've been taken care of.

#5 ·
As others mentioned, at least have it checked by your own mechanic. Also, compare the pricing to both NADA and KBB (and CarGurus). Dealer giving you any kind of warranty? If the dealer throws in a one-year, 12,000 mile warranty, I'd be more comfortable given some of the issues slowly emerging with some souls. Be choosy since there are craploads of used ones around.

Good luck!
Greg

#6 ·
You might want to do a wide search of Carfax to see what else is avail and prices. If you look at them carefully you can determine which were personally owned or corporate (leased etc). They will show all maint records if done by dealers. I found mine, a one owner in my state, low miles, beautifully maintained. I paid premium for it but it had what I wanted. Three months later and I'm totally satisified with it. So, look around, don't jump at first thing you see. There are a lot of them on the market.

#7 ·
Thanks for everyone's input. I was close to buying one but when I ran the Carfax the NHTSA recall 19V120 (SC 176) was shown as not rectified for the VIN for that car. Will have to ask dealer to get it fixed (ECU firmware flashed) before committing to it, if I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.