Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Trevor Smith. Did you win?

6K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Marc 
#1 ·
Just saw on Facebook that a certain Trevor Smith WON Kia SuperFan Contest. from KIA Canada

Could this be you Conwelpic?

"Congratulations to our Kia SuperFan Contest winners: Elaine Baird, Trevor Smith, Sebastien Fortin, and David Poirier! Our SuperFans will be travelling to Seoul, Korea this September where they’ll tour a Kia factory, sight see, and learn how to cook Korean cuisine they can try out on their families when they return! YUM!

We received many entries and want to thank each and every Kia Fan for sharing their SuperFan stories. Stay tuned for more news about our winners, and their upcoming trip!

This HAS to be you man...... It's Canadian.,....

Check it out man:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...79100182.25038.138931826132264&type=1&theater

#2 ·
:goodpost you got me Marc, yes that's me, it was a real shocker when I found out. I found out on June 6th. ;)They are for all the four regions across Canada, I won for Ontario and Manitoba, one person from Quebec, one from the Maritime's and one for the west (Saskatchewan to BC and the Territories).

#8 ·
Very NICE Trevor. Congratulations.

Can you tell us a bit of what the contest was about? Did you have to write a story about your KIA experience / ownership?
Can you give us more details on the prize? Is it one ticket that you won or did you win 2 tickets? Hope your wife gets to go with you.
How long will you be in Seoul for? Where will they take you to sight see? Did they give you some spending money as well?

What a GREAT Prize Trevor. You Da Man!

#10 ·
I'll give it a shot, it was just to tell why you felt you were a KIA fan, you could present either with video, photos or text. I choose text which was limited to 1000 words or less. I didn't do anything elaborate or fancy, just stated all the things I did regarding Kia, this forum being among them as well as many others, also things like Facebook postings (I do most of my dealers postings), photos on Webshots and numbers of views (over 40,000 on that site for example), etc, etc (all that stuff that Tempest and you says puts you to sleep ;), but this time it paid off. Also mentioned that I had owned two KIA's and a lot of my content is geared to the Canadian market and that point of view. For all I know it could have been a random draw for each region - what ever I did it worked! :)

It's for a winner and guest from all four regions of Canada, so eight people will be going. It's only a short time, so it will be very hectic as it only last 5 days, and it takes a day to get there and a day to get back (I think they said its a 12 hour flight from Toronto where we will be leaving from). We'll be flying overnight.
We also get $500 spending money, they look after flight and four nights accommodation, they say the prize has an approximate value of $9200 but can vary because of where that person is coming from in Canada as they fly you from the closest major airport to your location, so the western winner may fly from Vancouver for example. It's to Seoul, Korea and they say all winners should all be landing there within close times of each other, so we will meet at the airport where we will be met from someone from KIA and taken to our hotel. (I presume it won't be a Cadillac limo :D
We will have a tour guide assigned to each day.
Day 2 - visit the KIA Factory to what the process of building the cars (don't know which one); visit the R&D Center and attend a welcome dinner held by management of the facility
Day 3 - visit KIA Head office; attend the musical entitled Smile and experience how to play traditional Korean musical instrument and wear the traditional Korean garment the hanbok
Day 4 - tour the Gyeong-bok Palace, The National Museum of Korea, In-sa-dong Street, Myeong-dong shopping district and Nam-dae-mun Market; experience Korean culture by taking a Kimchi cooking class and be taught Korean calligraphy; and attend a farewell dinner with photo time.
Day 5 - depart Seoul Airport and head back home.

So it's basically in and out quick, so we are going to be pretty shattered by the time we get back home ;) At this point I don't know exactly where we will be staying, still awaiting my package with all the details. I know we will be flying Korean Airlines. There will be a ton of pictures, that much I can guarantee.

#11 ·
That is a wonderful prize Trevor. Hectic but FUN!
Yup, please take lots of photos. Do you have a Soul Club of Ontario Sticker that you can take over there and stick it to the KIA Head quarters...lol

You know, tempest and I are just pulling your leg when we say your posts put us to sleep. LOL

Again, Congratulations on a Great prize. :)

#14 ·
just an update, got all my info from KIA Canada along with a cheque for $500 for expenses with full details each day what exactly we will be doing and where we will be staying (JW Marriott in Seoul) and my official presentation will take place at my local dealer (Boyer Kia in Belleville) next Wednesday the 15th. ;)

#15 ·
Awesome! Congrats that's going to be so much fun! :)

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using AutoGuide.Com App with Swiftkey 3

#16 ·
Just to let you know the time has arrived. Leaving for Toronto today and staying overnight, flight leaves just after noon tomorrow and takes 13 hours direct on Korean Air.
We will be meeting up with winners from other contests from the US and Europe. We also got shipped to us from KIA Canada two roots backpacks with KIA and Canada logos on it as well as two KIA hats and Canada/Korea pins.

So if you don't see any posts from me for a week you'll know why ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.