Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tree branch fell on my 2012 Kia Soul. Windshield is destroyed, hood has a few minor dents, the section of the body/ roof above the driver's side windshield is significantly dented, and the the top of the dash is pierced. The engine starts. I would post pictures, but apparently the files are too large to add to this post.
Its the base model, 6 speed standard transmission, and has 72 K miles. I looked up in the blue book and it values at about 5K. Do you think the insurance company is going to total it?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Tree branch fell on my 2012 Kia Soul. Windshield is destroyed, hood has a few minor dents, the section of the body/ roof above the driver's side windshield is significantly dented, and the the top of the dash is pierced. The engine starts. I would post pictures, but apparently the files are too large to add to this post.
Its the base model, 6 speed standard transmission, and has 72 K miles. I looked up in the blue book and it values at about 5K. Do you think the insurance company is going to total it?
Tough to say. The damage to the roof could be expensive to repair.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your situation, do not take my word as the be all but, not seeing the vehicle first hand, would say it's most likely totaled.
Considering the cars age, BBV and cost of repairs these days thats what I would think. Did the airbags deploy? Thank goodness no one was hurt or killed.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The Blue book? $5k seems a low price even for the base model. The popularity of the Kia brand particularly Soul is increasing and so are prices. Look in garages to see how much a like for like replacement would cost.
Roof damage is costly but seeing as dash has been pierced this may also suggest there could be bulk head damage.
Good luck with the outcome.

Jeff

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
only a body shop/insurance company would know for sure. Sorry, but asking us is a bit pointless without first hand knowledge (in other words looking at in person) and also an expert in repairs.

If you phoned a body shop for an estimate, what will be the first thing they will tell you - we don't do estimates over the phone or we need to see it to give an estimate.

My answer yes and no.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Soul... that is a major bummer... or a possibility of upgrading to a new one? *wink wink*

My 2012 Kia Rio, with 115,000kms - was hit on the driver's rear so hard it popped the passenger front bumper off the vehicle. Accident happened last year (mid 2015).
Damage estimate was $10,251. Car was $22,000 new (EX+ UVO). I thought 100% it should be written off. Car was selling for $9,000-$11,000 on private sale websites (kijiji, craigslist).

They fixed it, I was in shock ... so you never know what they will do after they look at it and evaluate it. Best of luck with your, whatever the outcome may be!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts