Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul Plus. Automatic, 2.0 engine
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Shift Mechanism in our 2012 Plus(automatic) had become hard to operate and notchy for about a week or so. Looked at vids on replacing(if that was it) a shift cable and decided that at an arthritic 70 and 90 degree heat this was a job for Superman. Took it to the Dealer where I bought it and they said the cable was good but the shift mechanism itself was bad. Had to order a new one and may get it back Saturday or Monday. Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now for further excitement they replaced the shifter, and another item that is related to transmission shift location and had almost no change. Might be the transmission the service writer said. Going to contact Kia on Monday and start a case as he called it.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
797 Posts
And now for further excitement they replaced the shifter, and another item that is related to transmission shift location and had almost no change. Might be the transmission the service writer said. Going to contact Kia on Monday and start a case as he called it.
Is your Soul's mileage still under warranty, Mr. Cranbrook?

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And now as the late Paul Harvey used to say, The rest of the story. My wife kept complaining that the shifter was still hard to operate. So when picking up our Traverse I asked the service writer to see what he thought. Yes he agreed, it seems to not be right. So in it went and after a couple of days I got a call. Well he said it seems as if the shift cable(you know the thing that I originally thought was bad) had an internal problem. They replaced it (after waiting longer for the cable than the whole transmission to arrive) and since they had worked on it so much I only paid for the part, no labor. So anyone want to join me and say that the cable was what was really wrong all along and the shifter and original transmission were just fine. Not that I am really complaining as transmissions are not cheap but....

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow!
For the want of a cable, a transmission was lost.

Reactions: plymouthcranbrook
1 - 10 of 10 Posts