Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, back with another question. This time I'm trying to figure out which way the transmission fluid flows out of the transmission, into the factory cooler inside the radiator, then returns to the transmission. I am installing an external transmission cooler and need to find out which way the fluid flows. I always could just take off a hose, start the car and see if it spits or sucks, but that would make a mess I don't want and it's easier to ask then to clean up an oily engine bay.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Checked through the service manual and didn't see anything about a factory cooler for the transmission unfortunately. I wouldn't think Souls would have one since most vehicles don't seem to without a towing package. Not saying it doesn't have one, but I have a manual so can't go out and look.

-Ryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank anyways. Most automatics usually have one that it built into one of the sides of the radiator. It's good, but the transmission can not run any cooler then the engine coolant temperature. That's a bit hot for our transmissions, with 120-140'F being the sweet spot since that's the temperature we test the fluid level in our transmissions. Then again any temperature drop in our automatics can and usually will extend it's service life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts