Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Anyone know if they make a trailer hitch for a 2020 Soul EX?
Thanks
Dave Z

·
Registered
89 Posts
They do, but its only for like a carrier and the weight limit is low. They do not recommend towing with the CVT at all. Kia I think sells the hitch itself.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The Gen 2 has four nuts built into the frame for a hitch and several companies make a hitch specifically for the Soul that bolts in. I suspect the 2020 is the same, but I don't see a 2020 version listed on Amazon yet.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Gen 2 has four nuts built into the frame for a hitch and several companies make a hitch specifically for the Soul that bolts in. I suspect the 2020 is the same, but I don't see a 2020 version listed on Amazon yet.

I emailed Etrailer to see if my CURT 2016 Soul+ hitch will fit. I am waiting on a reply.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There’s another post about this on here. Just do a search for it. Lotta good information in it. Best deal so far is U-Haul. $120 for the 2020 hitch, plus installation which is $80 in my area. Might differ around the country. But Kia definitely recommends the hitch only for “lifestyle” use, such as a bike rack or cargo carrier. Towing with the IVT is a bad idea. I’m getting the u-hall hitch just for a small cargo carrier to put a lawnmower on occasionally, and the bike rack.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There’s another post about this on here. Just do a search for it. Lotta good information in it. Best deal so far is U-Haul. $120 for the 2020 hitch, plus installation which is $80 in my area. Might differ around the country. But Kia definitely recommends the hitch only for “lifestyle” use, such as a bike rack or cargo carrier. Towing with the IVT is a bad idea. I’m getting the u-hall hitch just for a small cargo carrier to put a lawnmower on occasionally, and the bike rack.
Only need it for my bike rack.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Right now Kia and u-haul are the only hitches I’ve found for the 2020, with u-haul being 1/3rd the price. With a warranty, too. Install it yourself or they’ll do it. It’s the best deal I’ve found.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now Kia and u-haul are the only hitches I’ve found for the 2020, with u-haul being 1/3rd the price. With a warranty, too. Install it yourself or they’ll do it. It’s the best deal I’ve found.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
842 Posts
For $80, I'd have Uhaul install. I installed mine and one would think with just four bolts it would be easy, but the hitches don't always line up well and many have struggled installing them.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
So far, I've installed two hitches on two cars. If a guy is really mechanically inclined, he might do the install himself, but having an extra pair of hands makes the job go SO much easier. Both hitches were "Curt" hitches and fit perfectly...no adjustments required.
I probably won't be putting a hitch on my 2020 Soul. What I need to do, I can do by using the Rear Tow Loop.

:cool:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just ordered this for my 2020 Kia Soul LX (for a bike rack):
Be careful when cutting the relief on the fascia on the rear bumper panel. Try for a perfect opening to avoid a sloppy look. It can be harder than you'd think to get it right. That's true for all hitches that require cutting fascia. An oscillating type saw with a fine-toothed blade will make it easier, but mark and cut carefully.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Be careful when cutting the relief on the fascia on the rear bumper panel. Try for a perfect opening to avoid a sloppy look. It can be harder than you'd think to get it right. That's true for all hitches that require cutting fascia. An oscillating type saw with a fine-toothed blade will make it easier, but mark and cut carefully.
Thanks for the advice. I will measure twice and cut once. I am going to wait until spring to install the hitch. I picked up the one from U-Haul.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any one here put a trailer hitch on there 2020 Soul? Can you post pictures of how it turned out? On the draw tite I see you have to cut the plastic bumper cover just want to see how it looks. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 LX, cherry black
199 Posts
I just had uhaul install a hitch yesterday. Today I kept staring at it wondering “why the hell does it look so weird?”. Then it finally struck me that they didn’t cut the fascia and just forced it to fit. Pretty annoying and near impossible to make a nice cut with the hitch already installed but you can’t see it so who cares I guess. Nothing a box cutter and a little elbow grease couldn’t fix.

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
177 Posts
Just for the info - be aware that the Kia hitch has no attachment for safety chains and is therefore not legal (or safe) to use for actual towing.

Great for a bike rack, though :D

·
Registered
2021 Soul X Line Mars orange w/cherry black roof
4 Posts
I just installed one today. Honestly pretty easy helps a TON if you have a 17mm ratchet wrench. That and a razor knife. No reason to loosen inner fender wells. Installed by myself everything lined up perfect. And yes you have to trim the valance it doesn't show but I recommend cutting a 1/4 inch deeper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts