Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
Welcome. That's a great looking Alien Soul.

How many miles on the old Soul?

I've noticed more dealers throwing in 20 year power train warranties to get us to sign on the dotted lines. I believe they are 3rd party and not backed by Kia Corp however.

I was one of those who owned an Acura over 20 years. It only came with a 36 month warranty. I think it's the same today with Honda/Acura.

Good luck with your new ride!

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
Reactions: FCThree

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Some Ford dealers here in my area have been offering a lifetime power train warranty no limit for as long as you own the car. Probably still works in their favour, as Conwelpic pointed out very few people keep a car for twenty years.

Pat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all! Yea the catch 22 on the warranty is you have "ALL" maintenance service done at "THAT DEALERSHIP". This includes a $300-400 maintenance service every 30K miles and all oil changes. So in the end your "FREE" warranty has a premium attached so to speak.

The 2010 had a bit over 160K miles. I was a second owner and the first owner must have had a very large dog because there were claw marks all over the panels on the back doors! The sales guy tried playing the "this is what other similar souls are going for". I simply replied that I bet none them looked like an over sized hamster had been chewing on the interior of them! LOL. I really did enjoy driving it. I have to say it has been a while since I enjoyed driving but the souls are just magical that way!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts