Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I traded my 2007 Mercedes C280 for a 2012 Kia Soul. I wouldn't change that decision for anything. Loving the new ride! Any questions on owning a luxury vehicle are encouraged. I would be happy to share my experience.
IMG_8877.jpg

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
welcome and congrats :applause: Which model did you get? I too have a 2012 model.

How was the reliability of the MB and the operating costs?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
Congrats danger on your Soul.

The obvious question is why the big change in rides? Very different neighborhoods...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Daughter bought a Kia ,traded it in on a Mercedes, drove it a year ,traded it in for a new Kia . Sister traded her infinity for an Optima turbo ,drove it 4 yrs , traded for a Cadillac , says she liked the Kia better . Bro in law traded Honda civic high bred for a Soul drove it 2 yrs traded it in for a Sorento . Must be something to these Kias .

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Soul forum and ownership.
We like more information on your car and region to focus our replies, if you complete you public profile the information will be there for all of your posts .

Jeff

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I have had my Soul for almost a month. I have put 4500 miles on her without a hitch. The only car I liked as much was a 64 1/2 Mustang I had when I was 16. Wish I still had it. Have fun with your new Soul.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums! :applause:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi conwelpic,

I just got the base model. I tried the + but I couldn't really feel the difference in HP. To me, it didn't justify the extra money.

As far as the MB goes, don't get me wrong, it was REALLY nice, but just not practical. I've got a wife and a couple of dogs. We go to music festivals and camp, etc. I'm not taking the MB to festivals to hang out with my hippy friends.

As far as reliability goes, it kind of sucked. It never really did anything that got me stuck or anything, it's just that there are only certain shops that have the tooling to work on it, therefore, $$$ adds up. Each year for the annual inspection, you are going to pay at least 500-600 for an oil change/filter change and just for them to take a look at it for an hour. That doesn't count if your front/rear diffs/transmission/etc. needs changed. The lowest price the transmission fluid flush alone I could find was $500. The dealer was the only one that could do it because no one else had the machine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's the thing with buying a high end car like that. All repair and service is very expensive. I can buy a used mb or jag but the repair costs on a car that originally cost 80k is Alot! Need to buy those cars new and get rid of them with 4 years when things start to go wrong. Good luck with the Kia. It's my first as Kia as well and it seems to be a pretty good car.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Hi conwelpic,

I just got the base model. I tried the + but I couldn't really feel the difference in HP. To me, it didn't justify the extra money.

As far as the MB goes, don't get me wrong, it was REALLY nice, but just not practical. I've got a wife and a couple of dogs. We go to music festivals and camp, etc. I'm not taking the MB to festivals to hang out with my hippy friends.

As far as reliability goes, it kind of sucked. It never really did anything that got me stuck or anything, it's just that there are only certain shops that have the tooling to work on it, therefore, $$$ adds up. Each year for the annual inspection, you are going to pay at least 500-600 for an oil change/filter change and just for them to take a look at it for an hour. That doesn't count if your front/rear diffs/transmission/etc. needs changed. The lowest price the transmission fluid flush alone I could find was $500. The dealer was the only one that could do it because no one else had the machine.
that's what I've heard about MB, the ongoing servicing costs.

If you could add those details (2012 Base) to your Drives profile and also indicate whether the Base is MT or AT also the colour (MT and AT versions of the Base are not equipped the same), as that would be helpful for us in responding to your comments or questions you post as this shows up on the left side with each posting you do below the post count (see mine for example).

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
^^^^ Same with BMW. Very nice vehicles but an endless, high priced money pit, even for basic servicing. Like Dangerous said, they don't necessarily break down on you, they're just a cash bleed of expensive problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts