Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title may look wierd, I will explain.... I originally bought a 2019 Kia Soul + in Mysterious Blue back in Sept 2018; I subsequently took it to the dealers where I bought it with paint issues and the
dealer/owner looked it over and noticed that the car was surreptitiously repainted in some areas. Humm...must of sustained some damage in shipment from the transporter. Well, the car was originally
sold to a store in Georgia and "horse traded" to a dealer in Jackson Tn and then it was again "Horse traded" to my dealer and sold to me. The dealer here made me an offer of #1. Do a Buy back
or #2. take the car and have the paint issues resolved or #3. located another 2019 kia soul + in Mysterious Blue. I went with option #3. They found one about 120 miles from Memphis out in east Arkansas.
It was driven to my dealer where I took delivery. It had the mud guards and puddle lights (cool) - and only 170 miles on it verses the original one that had over 420 miles on it from all the horse trading.
They even included the do-nut spare tire/jack as well. I had bought/installed mud guards for the 1st Kia and so it was a even trade on Kia #2. I gained puddle lights and less mileage. My original
Kia soul + was driven back to a dealer in Jackson TN, I saw it listed on their web site. So far, all is well, Oh and I have a bug guard for it but haven't installed it yet.

Question..... where can I find my previous posts here? I am sorta new here and wanted to learn my way around. Thanks to all. :joyous::joyous:

PS is this a Canadian site or a USA site - Not that it matters - I'm confused.....

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
Hey Butch, that was some horse trading for sure!

What bad luck, of all the Souls in the corral, you picked the one with old-paint problems.

I'm glad they were able to pony up a replacement Soul for you.

Now that you're back in the saddle, how do you like the new filly?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Butch, that was some horse trading for sure!

What bad luck, of all the Souls in the corral, you picked the one with old-paint problems.

I'm glad they were able to pony up a replacement Soul for you.

Now that you're back in the saddle, how do you like the new filly?
:hopelessness::glee:

Congrats on your new, new ride Butch. With all that westward movement I was expecting the previous one to end up in Arkansas, rather than the new one coming from there. :wink:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi,:joyous: What does this Blue color look like? My Blue seems to chip rather easily. Just got the factory color touch-up pen. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think you have the Caribbean Blue. Celronart.

I added a pic of my Kia and thought it would show in "my profile picture" (below my name) but it's not showing.
BTW how do you edit a post if you want to delete it? Didn't see delete options anywhere.

This is color I have; don't see to many in this color:

2019-Kia-Soul-Mysterious-Blue-side-view_o.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,:joyous: What does this Blue color look like? My Blue seems to chip rather easily. Just got the factory color touch-up pen. :eek:nthego:
They use about 2 microns thickness of paint. I tried that Kia paint stick but prefer the brush on paint I got from paintscratch.com they will match any paint color.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi Butch73, Thanks for your post. :joyous: Is the 2 Microns thickness of paint the auto industry standard these days? Paint chipping can be from various reasons. Maybe, not long enough in the bake oven.:Yay::eek:nthego:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice trade! I did something similar, but started with a nice CPO '15 and upgraded to the new '19 about two weeks later.

They use about 2 microns thickness of paint. I tried that Kia paint stick but prefer the brush on paint I got from paintscratch.com they will match any paint color.
Not to hijack - so if it's a simple answer, please - once you use the brush on, do you add sealer/wax/anything on top? How do you blend? --> (edit) just checked out that website, there are obviously a LOT of accessories and add-items! And I see they have a write-up; so anything extra to add or caution about? I have some chips on my Mazda to clean up. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice trade! I did something similar, but started with a nice CPO '15 and upgraded to the new '19 about two weeks later.

Not to hijack - so if it's a simple answer, please - once you use the brush on, do you add sealer/wax/anything on top? How do you blend? --> (edit) just checked out that website, there are obviously a LOT of accessories and add-items! And I see they have a write-up; so anything extra to add or caution about? I have some chips on my Mazda to clean up. :)
Hi Rozey66-
I highly recomend that paintscratch.com site for the brush on paint. You can get you color in 1/2 oz brush on bottles - they include bottle of brush on clear coat. I had a tiny chip about the size of a pin head so I don't think I would need to use the clear coat on something that small. Anyway, they also have the spray on cans that they can match in any color. If your color is not listed - you can send them a sample. Most of time, you can select the make/model of your car and they will have the color samples with color name listed. When you get your order, they include a card that you use to paint one side of it to compare with your car for a match - if it's off yoy let them know and they work it out and make it right.
Good people. IMO, the kia paint stick with the applicator stick is not good for little small paint chips, whereas the bottle paint with brush is just the ticket.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think you have the Caribbean Blue. Celronart.

I added a pic of my Kia and thought it would show in "my profile picture" (below my name) but it's not showing.
BTW how do you edit a post if you want to delete it? Didn't see delete options anywhere.

This is color I have; don't see to many in this color:

View attachment 118059
That's the color that I have. It is by far the best looking Kia Soul color on the road. I've seen all of the colors on the road and the dark blue makes it look like a different vehicle. I see other Kia Soul owners looking over at my car with envy. lol.
I see a lot of white kia souls on the road and it looks like a toy or something. It looks bland. Then the Green says: "Hey, I'm sort of a crazy person!" The red looks nice with the larger 18" rims. All of the Kia Souls look better with the 18 inch rims but the red and dark blue look really nice with it. The dark rims compliment the color scheme really well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts