Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 2.5 years and 70,000 miles i traded in my '10 dune exclaim manual yesterday.

they gave me $8500 on her. she had a lot of miles and was in an accident (deer). without the deer they offered $9,000. I don't think thats too bad since it was a trade in.

anyways just thought i would post my experience with trading in my high mileage soul.

in the 70,000 miles i put on her i just did oil changes and 1 filter replaced. original OEM tires, brakes...everything. Definitely the lowest maint. car i've ever owned.

i traded her in for a new sportage with awd. i stuck with kia because the soul was just so damned good. i hope the sportage doesn't disappoint!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone on the board for all the help over the years and all the knowledge everyone has to share.

Thank you!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experience with Kia, and your Soul in particular. I been wondering about these cars, and how they are after a lot of use. Nice to know you at least had a great experience with yours, enuf to buy another Kia. Those new Sportages are damn sexy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
At 70,000 miles, you're still on the original set of tires?!

Geez, I can't ever seem to get more than 30K whether they are rated/warrantied for 40, 60 or 80,000 and regardless of what kind of vehicle I drive.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
after 2.5 years and 70,000 miles i traded in my '10 dune exclaim manual yesterday.
lol you drive like i used to but these days it would take me about 12 yrs. to get that kind of mileage and i doubt my soul would have held up that long... have fun with your new baby :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
they gave me $8500 on her. she had a lot of miles and was in an accident (deer). without the deer they offered $9,000. I don't think thats too bad since it was a trade in.

in the 70,000 miles i put on her i just did oil changes and 1 filter replaced. original OEM tires, brakes...everything. Definitely the lowest maint. car i've ever owned.
WOW! that is awesome trade-in. I have looked at used Soul prices recently and they are all very high. good for someone who needs to sell but bad for who is buying.

70k on oem tires? is that possible? I do expect the brakes to last me 100k [at current wear-n-tear] but 70k on oem tires must have been bald when you traded but you still got $8500!

looks like you did really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts