Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many months of thrashing back and forth on whether I should get a new vehicle and coming oh so close to getting a Jeep Renegade at one point. However put off by the many complaints of quality control I came back around to KIA. Test drove a few of their vehicles and to be fair I gave the 2016 Soul ! a test drive and was sold on it. Florida and AC in the seats = Take my Money! I really didn't want an "old people car" (yes this is an old people's car in FL) but I can't deny the sheer amount of technology and the value for money in this vehicle. It's undeniably quite a bit more refined than the 2012 Soul + I had previously. It's no Audi in terms of road noise but still a vast improvement over the previous generation. I settled on the Exclaim of course in Shadow Black with the Premium Package. I didn't much care for the Umber Package, had those seats been black I'd have considered it. I do love the large panoramic sunroof, the navigation, the AC seats, the backup camera an of course that 8" touch screen.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
I also did the same thing about six months ago, trading in a 2012 4u for a 2016 SX. :sneakiness:

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. I traded my 2013 base for my 2015 +. Well, sorta. There was a Charger as an intermediary vehicle, it had many troubles.

Both Souls are excellent, trouble-free cars.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Jeep continues to shoot themselves in the foot. Renegade could have been a runaway hit but continued brand quality control issues prevail. The Soul is at the opposite end of the spectrum, tremendously well built with a plethora of features. Everything just works I couldn't have made a better choice in the price range I paid.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed, the Soul is a solid vehicle and it might have been a 50/50 with the Jeep. I liked the size of the Jeep, the technology really everything. The thought of being stuck on the side of the road or it not locking/unlocking or other misc gremlin in it just put me off in the end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your car and my wife's are almost twins, hers is Fathom Blue.

We've had it for almost 3 months and it's been flawless and fantastic. Good luck, congrats, and enjoy!

Reactions: aidan80

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your car and my wife's are almost twins, hers is Fathom Blue.

We've had it for almost 3 months and it's been flawless and fantastic. Good luck, congrats, and enjoy!
I came very close to getting the Fathom Blue only went for the Black at the last minute. Good luck with yours too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been a week with this car and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. I can't believe how quiet it is vs my 2012 and the sheer amount of technology in the ! with the premium package is mind blowing to be quite honest. I really wasn't going to get another Soul until I drove this one and was sold on it.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
It's been a week with this car and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. I can't believe how quiet it is vs my 2012 and the sheer amount of technology in the ! with the premium package is mind blowing to be quite honest. I really wasn't going to get another Soul until I drove this one and was sold on it.
that stood out for me too, also another thing that hit me the first time I drove it - how solid the doors are when you close them! I've not saying my 2012 model was tinny by any stretch of the imagination, but this 2016 just took it to another level.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that stood out for me too, also another thing that hit me the first time I drove it - how solid the doors are when you close them! I've not saying my 2012 model was tinny by any stretch of the imagination, but this 2016 just took it to another level.
They took what they had and they somehow gave it a more mature feel without increasing the cost too much. Your right it feels like a very solid vehicle all round. I really wanted something a bit bigger with more storage in the back however after a test drive I thought screw it I'll get a roof rack lol. I'm still shocked this thing has lane departure, collision warning sensors, different driving modes, AndroidAuto and CarPlay support that works flawlessly not to mention the backup camera, onboard navigation (just updated that for free via UVO website)... The panoramic sunroof is amazing. To quote a friend that drove in it with me and pressed all the buttons. They compared it to a small luxury car vs an economy car. When they seen it running CarPlay via my IPhone it was jaw dropping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts