Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its not the light where it says off but the light that says its not working. Just turned on this afternoon. Going to call the dealer tomorrow but wanted to see id this has happened to anyone before.

·
Registered
330 Posts
isnt the other light the anti skid/swerve thing.....ESC?
On other vehicles I have worked with, if you have a low tire (i.e. it appears smaller in diameter than the other ones) it will trigger the warning light. Or if the front and back tires are a different diameter, or if one of the speed sensors fails or is bent out of place due to a rock hit.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There are 2 lights

1 = ESC off ( controlled by switch on dash, resets automatically when car is turned off )

other

2 = ESC , has activated ( turn car off to reset this lamp )

Sometimes this light goes on for what seems like no reason . . . . . .

:D

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried turning the car off and on but its still lit, but yea it just randomly popped on. Hopefully when i get in it tonight the light wont be on

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
light hasnt been on today...might have been from the heat and my chaotic driving...who knows

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also had this problem. How it was explained to me was that the "system" that controls the Traction Control system had a malfunction in one of computer chips that controls this system. They replaced it, and I have not had a problem since.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Today my 2010 2.0 Auto had the traction control light come on while driving 55 on the highway. It stayed on for 6 miles until I stopped at a traffic light and turned off the car. Restarted it and it went off. Gonna check with my friends at KIA Tech Services for other reports of the same problem before I go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Funny,
Just two days ago mine seemed to be on all the time, Yes it would reset upon on/off, but with-in minutes it would light without provication.

Forgot about it, cause yesterday, it never came on. Both similar 70 mile days. :confused:

:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Me too!!

I never knew what the ESC light everyone was talking about was, but if its the swervy skiddy one, like George, er, Tempest says, then thats whats been lighting up yellow on my 2010 2U too!

I'll check my tires, but I guess this will also motivate me to find another dealership to entrust my Soul to, now that the one I bought it from (that was across from Yorkdale) has closed shop..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Traction control light on

UPDATE for some on here,
If your traction control light comes on and you take it to the dealer they will tell you a module or something went bad so they can make money off of KIA..
here is what my problem was, one of the rear lights shorted out and blew the brake light fuse, which in turn caused the traction control light to come on...replaced the fuse and bad bulb and all is good now...

so since the koreans could not speak english i assume they just used any light to on the dash to show a problem,,,which might be simple,,,i had a right tail light burn out once and a different light came on the dash,,, so if you get a light on the dash,, check all your fuses first!!!

c-ya on the road guys!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
for the record. just as noted by 'JesseT' it's the reduction of power consumption of the brake light that caused the traction light to come on. in my case, it came on soon after I had the light converted to LED bulb. once OEM bulbs were placed back, traction light did not reappeared. apparently this is common on may makes and models so it's not just isolated to our SOULs :- )

·
Registered
1 Posts
All these years later and these are still a problem! My 2017 kia soul had the atc light pop on at 75,000 miles. The warranty only covered this until 60,000. So i have no airbags, no cruise control and my traction control is so out of wack that i feel it gripping constantly while driving.They only want $1000 to replace the module. So frustrating that a safety feature isn't covered!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts