Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I had a blow-out on one tire and had to put the spare on. During the 48 hours, the spare was on the car, the TPMS/low tire light remained illuminated. During that time, it also started flashing when starting the car, before remaining lit.

Now that the tire has been replaced with the original rim and TPMS sensor, the light continues to flash when starting the car, then remains illuminated. I have verified the pressure, and after reading a few forums, have driven over 50mph for >10 minutes.

Some forums indicate there is a reset button under the steering wheel for other Kia models such as the Sorento, and I am wondering whether there is one for the 2013 Soul.

I cannot find a reset button, nor does my owner's manual mention it. I may try deflating/reinflating the tire, and/or disconnecting the battery. Any other ideas? Will I need to take the car to the dealer?

· Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,998 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
712 Posts
there is a link to a 2013 SM on here. it would say more. I have an 11+ and an advanced scantool. obdii shows tpms battery status and explains any current-pending-stored codes. there is no reset in the computer on mine. hth

· Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,998 Posts
Save yourself a headache and buy a new sensor. That way it's on the tire place and I don't think they're all that expensive. Supposedly battery life is about 5 years, so you are probably due anyways.

· Registered
3 Posts
Bought my 2014 with the light on.
Inflate all your tires to proper psi. Mine was 33psi.
Drive it on the highway for 20 minutes. Shut off the ignition and wait 60 seconds. Put key back in and the light will go out.
Some Kia's have a push button under the steering column, but the Soul doesn't.

If this does not correct your problem go to a tire shop and have them test your sensors and the tpms.

· Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just went through a problem with 2012 my Kia Soul. I changed to winter tires with universal wheels. Well, of course the tire light came on. I checked my manual and took it to Les Shwab twice for pressure checks. After research and trying to get my system to reset using all of the methods suggested, I went back to research. I found out that each wheel has a pressure sensor which sends signals to the car's computer. To put these into my winter wheels: first I would have to purchase 4 sensors; next, I would have to install them into the tires; next, I would have to get them in synch with the computer. I estimate that the cost of doing this would be from $200 to $400. I paid $70 for the tires already mounted on universal wheels. I have decided to put a sticker over the warning light until spring. Oh, and I might add that the sensors that I have now in my regular tires have batteries and will probably need replacing soon. HooRay for modern technology. I'd just as soon kick the tires. It's cheaper and a lot less trouble!

· Registered
2016 Soul !
261 Posts
System should be renamed TPMA, the pain in my ***. 😁 Probably wouldn't be so bad if there was more uniformity but it seems like every system is different even within the same car brand. And seems like they change systems every other year. 🤯

· Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
712 Posts
..... first I would have to purchase 4 sensors; .... next,
....It's cheaper and a lot less trouble!
I read a post once, a guy built a cartridge with pvc, put the 4 new sensors inside, put a valve stem on it, inflated to 35 psi, and then put it in cargo area. Haven't tried it myself, but it should work. He said it did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts